GitUp Git2P Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was sent a Git2P action camera from @OCD Tronic for review. As usual I just want to point out my pros and cons, the main review is in the video down below:

Pros
  • A lot of settings/features. I don't think any of my past action cameras had as many settings such as shutter speed or the customization level of white balance which includes red/blue settings, RC settings, metering, etc. Some cameras I have used have some of these options but never seemed to have so many settings to choose within these options. I am not a photography expert, I mostly just want to be able to see in the dark decently without too much grain, and read license plates (if I am testing a dash cam which I did test this as) but I think people who want to tweak settings a lot would appreciate the firmware here.
  • Uses the same batteries as the SJ4000 cameras.
  • High bitrate (37mbps for 1080p60 for example) and up to 2k video. The video quality seemed good on all settings (other than slow motion).
  • Supports up to 128gb, I would recommend 64gb at least with how high the bitrate can be.
Cons
  • I really dislike using the buttons to navigate the menu. Using the SJ6 touch screen has spoiled me, but at least even the SJ4000 had up/down buttons. I am not a fan of cameras that you have to cycle through the menu.
  • No waterproof case for the 90 degree FOV model as of now that I know (7/20/17). The 170 degree FOV pro bundle is a much better deal with a water proof case and accessories.
  • Not a fan of the look, the front screws makes it look like it was a custom made product. Although from my understanding this allows you to swap the lens, but I did not test that.

I recently purchased the 90 degree FOV Git2P. I have not been able to find the gyro stabilization setting in the settings menu. Can someone please give me the sequence to access that setting?

Back