GNET G-ON Video is Too Blurry

ssegaa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
SG9663DCPRO and GNET G-ON
Have got G-ON 2CH FHD installed yesterday and got some video while driving home 2021-12-08 6:11 PM Bathurst St, Toronto
The quality isn't great, so I'm just wondering, is it because of weather (it was a bit snow/rain mix), maybe installation angle isn't right, or I need to switch camera to 60fps? All camera settings on this video are the default ones (even date messed up, sorry). The quality doesn't permit to see car plates clearly, so this is a bit concerning to me. :(

Welcome to DCT @ssegaa :)

Looking just above center, you'll notice two 'blobs' of haziness, left and right with a "v" shape between. Their shape and size does not change as you move under different lights. That indicates the problem is likely a dirty windshield or possibly a smudged camera lens, maybe both. I'm seeing similar elsewhere too. So let's begin by giving the windshield a thorough cleaning inside and out, then making a similar drive to look for those same patterns. If possible, also record several seconds with the cam held outside of the car (no glass). If that same pattern reappears with both, clean the cam lens and re-test. If it's still the same there's a problem with the lens itself.

Dashcams will 'see' problems with an even slightly dirty windshield, especially oily films like my awful cigarette smoking habit. The best glass cleaner I've found so far is "Sprayway" brand- apply, wipe wet, use a fresh paper towel and wipe again. If you suspect oil films, use a mild dish soap solution similarly first. Your baseline for clean windows is comparing to that the cam 'sees' with no glass between it and the view; if your windshield is clean there will be very little difference.

Phil

Ooh, thanks a lot Phil for these tips! I will buy this Sprayway glass cleaner (I see that it has great reviews) and try again after cleaning the windshield.
It is absolutely possible that the windshield became sprayed with oil and salt after driving on the highway, I just didn't pay much attention to that and will know better next time. Thank you! (y)

Ooh, thanks a lot Phil for these tips! I will buy this Sprayway glass cleaner (I see that it has great reviews) and try again after cleaning the windshield.
It is absolutely possible that the windshield became sprayed with oil and salt after driving on the highway, I just didn't pay much attention to that and will know better next time. Thank you!
it won't help you, you need to choose a proven brand
you have something to compare with, your SG9663DCPRO is several times better at shooting videos, I hope you already know this yourself

Thanks Alex, I'm still experimenting with this camera. It's not a big deal that possibly I've wasted some money on this one. Although it's a bit weird and has a very poor documentation, hopefully I would be able to get help on this forum.

Back