GNet GT700 4ch

TJVideo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro, Vantrue N2 Pro, T-Eye ADR-3000,168CarDVR
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used the GNET GT700 4ch camera?
If so, what is it like? How does it perform at night, in very low light?

I have not noticed anyone mentioning having it, but it do look like a cool camera for a large truck ( found a YT video )
But the large front unit are not something i would like on a car windscreen as its not stealthy at all at least in regard to its size.

Also no telling what the specs are on it, i think it is 1080p on each channel but the bitrate might be on the low side unless its made with really up to date hardware than can support upwards of 20 mbit on each of the 4 channels.
Good thing for the truckers is all 3 cameras seem to be waterproof, and in the YT video i found the side cameras was put of the mirror tree of a peterbilt truck and the rear camera wayyyy out back.
The 3 cameras are also "large" but will be just fine for a large stuck i thing, also the 3 cameras have IR lights it seem, so it must be able to change between daytime color footage and nighttime B&W footage.

Support up to 2 Tb storage on a external harddrive (y):cool: and its tamper proof so i assume you need some form of password to delete files on it, and that's also (y)(y)

All in all look sweet but way overkill for a regular car, a larger van might go well not least as they mostly seem to have plenty of windscreen real estate, which you need with a camera this large.

http://www.gnetsystem.com/en/sub2/itemview.php?id=20

Last edited:
This does look really good and feature rich, especially with the SSD support but is definitely meant for large industrial and fleet vehicles.

Also no telling what the specs are on it, i think it is 1080p on each channel but the bitrate might be on the low side unless its made with really up to date hardware than can support upwards of 20 mbit on each of the 4 channels.

1 x 1080p, 2 x 720p and 1 x 480p

That amputated :eek: that's no good, i thought it was 1080p but maybe not reading my own links should have made my alarm go off.

Sounds like they're trying to compensate for a lower-level processor by using low-res cams in the secondary channels. 720P with a good quality lens might be barely enough on the sides, but 480P anywhere is like a 19th century Kodak :rolleyes: Seems a shame as the rest looks like a pretty good system. I always worry when there are no specs to be found on sensors or processors- that usually indicates a poor product where they know the stuff they are using is sub-standard :eek:

Phil

Thank you for all of your input on this camera. It does look really good, but the video quality that has been pointed out is a bit of an issue. It is good to see that dash cameras are improving though in one way or another.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used the GNET GT700 4ch camera?
If so, what is it like? How does it perform at night, in very low light?
Yes I have just purchased this 4 channel dash cam.
So far I am not at all happy with this.
Night vision is terrible.
The installer is working on it to improve the recording quality.
We are still doing tests so I will hold back on my final review until we have explored all possibilities.
I was told that only a few have come into Australia so far.
Very expensive dash cam.
Give me a few weeks.

Hi
I was looking to price up GT700 4ch for a customer.
would be interested to know how well it preforms and best place to purchase.

Gday Active1 and welcome to the forum.
There are no user feedback on this particular dashcam in here as far as i know, SamR above mention playing or should i say fighting with one, but he haven't come up with further info and he have only been online that one time.
What kind of vehicle are your customer having ?

Hej Kamkar1
looking to install into tip trucks

Back