Go Pro 7

The black £380. This is why GoPro is no longer competitive in my opinion.

The black £380. This is why GoPro is no longer competitive in my opinion.

I think the 7 Black is probably where they should have been from a technology perspective 2 years ago, they finally have a better product than the Chinese offerings of the last 2 years but they've lost a lot of ground in that time

Last edited:
Yeah, they have the gyro stabilization after new born companies like GitUp. And the gyro of GitUp is really good.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think the 7 Back is probably where they should have been from a technology perspective 2 years ago, they finally have a better product than the Chinese offerings of the last 2 years but they've lost a lot of ground in that time

Agree, they lost time and resources by trying to get that drone flying and trying to widen the range with the session.
Now they are back essentially making one product in the "old style" iteration (3 models, 2 of which don't make sense, only the Black version, despite the high price, has interesting and unique features)

Agree, they lost time and resources by trying to get that drone flying and trying to widen the range with the session.
Now they are back essentially making one product in the "old style" iteration (3 models, 2 of which don't make sense, only the Black version, despite the high price, has interesting and unique features)

I suspect the cheaper models are to try and fight off Chinese competitors, the cost difference between the versions would be negligible though so whether that impacts the credibility of the Black at a much higher price remains to be seen I guess

I don't think the drone was a bad idea, was just very poorly executed, I think they wasted a lot of time and money on aspiring to be a media company, I think they lost sight of the fact that they are content enablers rather than content creators

Personally I think the black is the worst of the lot, assuming it's not in protune and the others not. Just not as sharp and the colour balance is cleaner looking on the white and silver in most lighting conditions (backlit excepted).

This is bad marketing in my opinion.
I wanted a gopro in my favorite color.
I have no idea why the black version costs 2 1/2 times what the white version costs.

A smart marketer would not choose a color as a differentiating price point factor.

I think it's smart because you can tell what model you're looking at

The idea of live streaming is good also for dashcams if the connection between camera and app and live account is done by pressing just one button on the dashcam. Someday this will be possible.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back