Goal: Access A139 with Station Mode

Yes he did and immediately got hijacked with how difficult it will be to get it through a vpn and remotely accessing from anywhere in the world. Not remotely related to his question.

Connecting his camera to home wifi has very limited uses -

1. Pulling off files from anywhere (inside or outside network) so long as port 80 is open
2. Viewing live view via VLC on port 8192 from inside or outside network so long as port 8192 is forwarded. If car is parked outside, I guess peaking in on it has value.

Not sure what he intends to do, but there you have it.

Update firmware....and follow instructions for enabling station mode via app.

Otherwise, the only live view that works from outside the same network is connecting your camera to your home's wifi or another public wifi where ports 8192 and 80 are open (forwarded).

Cosmetic since you can't view camera's live feed or sd card files from anywhere outside the same network under normal conditions.
Just get your phone to forward the live feed to YouTube livestream, then all your friends can view it from anywhere.

Connecting his camera to home wifi has very limited uses -

1. Pulling off files from anywhere (inside or outside network) so long as port 80 is open
2. Viewing live view via VLC on port 8192 from inside or outside network so long as port 8192 is forwarded. If car is parked outside, I guess peaking in on it has value.

Not sure what he intends to do, but there you have it.

Update firmware....and follow instructions for enabling station mode via app.

In the first post he says:

I would like to be able to connect my camera while is in Parking Mode outside my home to my Wifi network and that way I can do a wireless back up of my files.

I assume he means physically outside like a few metres away although I guess "outside" could mean lots of things

Some people have in the past set up scripts to backup the files from the camera while it is connected to the home wifi.

Do will still know if the A139 Station Mode is actually implemented though? It sounds from a couple of replies not yet so even this is not possible :(

In the first post he says:

I assume he means physically outside like a few metres away although I guess "outside" could mean lots of things

Some people have in the past set up scripts to backup the files from the camera while it is connected to the home wifi.

Do will still know if the A139 Station Mode is actually implemented though? It sounds from a couple of replies not yet so even this is not possible :(

I don't own the A139 but someone said parking mode has been implemented. Which brings us to his statement.

His statement can be read several different ways......

I would like to be able to connect my camera while is in Parking Mode outside my home to my Wifi network and that way I can do a wireless back up of my files.

When he says Parking Mode outside his home to "My Wifi Network", he doesn't clarify as to whether he wants the car connected to his Home Wifi or a Wireless Hotspot. Generally, a Wifi signal will only go so far. If he means his car is parked across the street and he wants the camera to connect to his home Wifi, that may or may not be possible depending on the signal strength.

If he means he wants his car parked in a building parking garage or further than his "Home Wifi" carries, or in another location, then he'll need to defer to the discussion on wireless hotspots.

Either way, the A139 doesn't support a cloud option. So I guess the only work around is OP writes a script where it browses to the http:// and automatically pulls off files. Assuming his Home Wifi is within Distance or He can setup a Wireless LTE Router / Rooted Android to provide internet from afar.

Yep, I communicated with them about that two weeks ago and they "maybe can make" a beta firmware. At least that's what I was told.

Im interested in this option. i really like how i can automaticly download all my recorded files automaticly to my computer with blackvue downloader this is a absolute must for any dashcam set for me. This way i have TB/s of video for a longer while and i can easily look back and see what happend. It saves me a vast amount of time confusion and no risk of files being overwriten.
If i could do the same with a A139 viofo it would be a great alternative as viofo has more timelapse FPS options/ and sony sensors that give a better night time image then the dr900s
I like the 3ch design. it gives decent interiour/side protection against vandalism at a very attractive price point.

Im interested in this option. i really like how i can automaticly download all my recorded files automaticly to my computer with blackvue downloader this is a absolute must for any dashcam set for me. This way i have TB/s of video for a longer while and i can easily look back and see what happend. It saves me a vast amount of time confusion and no risk of files being overwriten.
If i could do the same with a A139 viofo it would be a great alternative as viofo has more timelapse FPS options/ and sony sensors that give a better night time image then the dr900s
I like the 3ch design. it gives decent interiour/side protection against vandalism at a very attractive price point.

Read this thread. You'll need to overcome the limitation of gaining inbound traffic. Meaning Rooted Android Phone or an opensource Hotspot Router that lets you run a vpn.

To me. It make good sense that if you can make people happy, and it dont cost you a dime, or very little, then you should do that as it can only be good for you as a person, or for your brand / product.

To me. It make good sense that if you can make people happy, and it dont cost you a dime, or very little, then you should do that as it can only be good for you as a person, or for your brand / product.
The problem with cloud stuff is that it is not so simple, to do it properly requires a lot of work and has risks.

If someone can suggest something simple and low risk that would get good use then I'm sure Viofo will look into implementing it, but they won't want to end up like the experts in cloud dashcams:

Since most people here haven't been asking for cloud storage then maybe there is a simple and low risk way to add some useful functionality?

I am sure cloud are easy for the right person.
But yeah my statement was also just in the general perspective, no one should do anything before they can do at at least properly.

The problem with cloud stuff is that it is not so simple, to do it properly requires a lot of work and has risks.

If someone can suggest something simple and low risk that would get good use then I'm sure Viofo will look into implementing it, but they won't want to end up like the experts in cloud dashcams:

Since most people here haven't been asking for cloud storage then maybe there is a simple and low risk way to add some useful functionality?

I'm really not certain on the benefit of dash cam videos using the cloud.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only videos that get flagged as an event upload? Or am I wrong and all videos get sent?
2. Cloud storage is good for backing up stuff, but obviously if a car plows into your vehicle, there isn't likely going to be an event "backup"
3. Live view does have benefits of being able to see what happens, but you wont get notifications of an event of course. Not sure here but maybe VLC or another app can stream and record from a live stream. I imagine there's got to be a way.

Cameras like the Backvue series have a ton of great features. Albeit missing the mark on parking mode. Low bitrate parking mode vs event detection will always remain superior.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only videos that get flagged as an event upload? Or am I wrong and all videos get sent?
Well you could send all video, but of course that requires a huge amount of data transmission and storage.
As I understand it, Blackvue only cloud store low resolution video, only of events.

Streaming for live view sounds a lot more doable, but to make it simple to set up and use for all users, I think it still needs a cloud server to receive the stream from the camera and pass it on to whoever wants to watch. And it needs to work with reasonable speed in nearly all countries.

We see very few examples of cloud storage actually being useful; of course you can think of scenarios where it would be useful, but they generally don't happen in normal life, and of course you still need to pay your insurance anyway. Dashcams for most people are just a way to avoid losing a low insurance bill by putting the blame on the people who deserve it.

Connect the A139 and you can download any file from the f / card by typing this ip in the browser that I took from the firmware

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Not sure if there are any updates on this, as its now been nearly a year.
More importantly, are there any videos of people using station mode? I've read the whole thread but I'm not very technical and it all goes above my head.
Viofo sent me some steps but I find it easier to watch someone doing it.
Thanks!

@fisher127 After you set it up in the app, turn off Wifi via the button (just a quick press) at the right side, stop recording via the second button from the left side (just a quick press) and then press and hold the record button and the Wifi button at the same time until camera says Station mode is turned on.

EDIT: You better wait few seconds between each step to let the camera to process.

Last edited:
Hello
Is there a way to automatically pull all the files on the sd card to my raspberrypi nas as soon as the dash cam connects to the home WiFi?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H A139 68
S A139 3
Back