Going to buy

Bricksmasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Mobius
Hi

Think im going to buy 2 Mobias for my car, one front and one rear.

Looking around, Im not entirely sure what is and isnt included when buying, so hoping someone could confirm what Id need to buy on top. I think I need to get

2 x Cameras (obviously :) )
2 x suction mounts
2 usb ( 1 3m for front, maybe a 4m for back?) only a suzuki swift though so not a big car
2 cigarrette/usb converters
Cigarette light adapter (not sure what they are called, only have one plug, would need 2)

I think Im right in the above, but guessing you know more than I do

Cheers

For Mobius-approved sellers see...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

Buying from any of the approved sellers guarantees you won't be sold a knockoff / clone / counterfeit product.

As you're in the UK, I suggest you buy from a UK seller for maximum consumer protection. Buying from China is cheaper, but if a fault arises & you have to post it back to China at your expense, you'll regret not having bought from a UK seller.

I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu & the second from Webbex

@kamkar1 has a rear facing Mobius in his Suzuki hatchback, so may have some car-specific tips for you.

Last edited:
Check with the seller's listing regards included accessories- mine from a US seller didn't have much but I didn't need it either so I'm happy to have not paid for things I won't be using.

Lots of aftermarket mounts etc are made for the Mobius. I'll have mine installed this weekend but first I have to figure out a computer issue- I hate Windows 8.1 and it hates me back!

Phil

I purchased my Mobius direct from the manufacturer's ebay page which is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/eletoponline365 and it dropped through my letterbox just 7 days after I placed my order, so comes highly recommended.

Unlike many other Chinese manufacturers, Mobius has a very good reputation.

They sell the Mobius with various SD card options, I think 32GB or above is useful, I actually purchased 64GB and 128GB cards from another supplier, and am currently using the 128GB card without any problems. A 32GB card will record approx 320 minutes before overwriting the oldest video footage.

There are various mounts available for the Mobius, from removable to stuck down for ever, and other helmet mounts. The choice is yours.

You will need the 3 metre charging cables and cigarette light adapters unless you are hardwiring the cameras in.

The Mobius action camera really is a great bit of kit, the manufacturers do actually care about the quality of their product, and this shines through in the manufacturing process as well as the sales and after-sales service.

Thanks for the above, as Im a fairly keen cyclists sometimes, I might invest in the Mobios afterall as I can get the bike mount too, as long as the batter life is sufficient.

Cheers again, for a budget camera, they seem well recommended and good quality :)

Thanks again, I ended up buying two of these as suggested
Just a quick questions, dos anyone know where I can buy the Dual USB pluf to cigarette lighter, and also I bought a 3m cable too, for the rear cam, hoping thatt will be long enough for my car, im right in thinking the cameras come with a USB each anyway, am I likely to need another longer cable for the front cam if Im not wiring it in?

Thanks again

...im right in thinking the cameras come with a USB each anyway, am I likely to need another longer cable for the front cam if Im not wiring it in?

Mobius comes with a short cable for connecting it to a computer for use with the GUI, etc.

Are you mounting Mobius adjacent to the rear view mirror, then routing the cable behind the headliner, behind the A pillar trim, then behind the dash trim to the accessory socket? If so, you'll need a 3 metre cable.

Thanks for the above, as Im a fairly keen cyclists sometimes, I might invest in the Mobios afterall as I can get the bike mount too, as long as the batter life is sufficient.

The 820mAh battery that comes with the Mobius will power the camera for about two hours.

Mobius comes with a short cable for connecting it to a computer for use with the GUI, etc.

Are you mounting Mobius adjacent to the rear view mirror, then routing the cable behind the headliner, behind the A pillar trim, then behind the dash trim to the accessory socket? If so, you'll need a 3 metre cable.

Yes I think so :)

Ive been looking around a little for installation videos, im not sure how complex it is or isn't to do yourself, I think the rear one maybe harder to install, unless theres an idiots guide somwhere, maybe Ill pay someone to install for me lol

Cheers

Yes I think so :)

Ive been looking around a little for installation videos, im not sure how complex it is or isn't to do yourself, I think the rear one maybe harder to install, unless theres an idiots guide somwhere, maybe Ill pay someone to install for me lol

Cheers

It's not really too difficult to mount a Mobius, either front or back and there shouldn't really be any need to hire anyone. Spend some time perusing the "Mobius Mounting Solutions" thread here at DCT and I'm sure it will give you many ideas and helpful tips on how to do this yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, looking around abit more, it actually makes more sense now watching a couple more videos, I think I will manage :) sure it wont be cleanest install but if it works and looks neat enough I'll be happy, final question if you dont mind, is this as linked above http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D82O68Y the best for the setup im after, or is there something equally as good in the UK, Ive seen one on Joovoo, but its around the same price £8 with postage

thanks again everyone, very helpful!

This is rated at 2.1 Amp and the seller is UK based and it's only £1.68 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191588832165

These ultra cheap Chinese cigarette lighter chargers can work OK sometimes but they can be also turn out to be problematic, electronically noisy and unreliable. At 1 amp per port this one would work for a Mobius but the Anker puts out 2.4 amps per port. It employs a sophisticated monitoring circuit (their PowerIQ) and comes with an 18 month warranty and actual customer service people to call if you ever have an issue. In the long run I think it's a better investment even if it costs more.

Thanks again, have purchased the Anker one afterall then, appreciate your help.

Thinks thats it now, just got to wait for them to arrive and then I'll try installing, looks pretty simple actually

Got my cameras, they are pretty awesome hey, for the price they are, image quality is very good, im very impressed, and I managed to install the front ones with no bother :)

stupidly I only bought a 3m cable for the rear one which isnt long enought so thinking of getting a 5m cable, is something like this any good? or recommend anything else instead?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350805023070
cheers again for the help, very pleased I bought these cameras, I read somewhere the sound is great on these, but listening to footage i think the sound is very good, not that its something I care too mnuch about.

Back