Golf MK7 hardwiring issues

J89eu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I currently have a VioFo A119 and I'm struggling to get it hardwired properly. I bought a NextBase hardwiring kit and have it connected to a permanent fuse but it seems to drain my battery and I get alerts on the car to say the battery needs charging. I have tried switching it to a switched fuse which seems to work better but I do find in both modes I have an issue whereby I stop the car at traffic lights and if the car goes into start/stop mode the camera reboots. It's not like the power goes off to the fuse and stays off, it just seems to fail for enough to reboot the camera.

Any ideas? I've tried other hardwiring kits before and had the same issue.

you need viofos own hard wire kit for parking mode to work properly.
Not familiar with VW cars, but i have heard some newer cars can have issues with parasitic loads like a dashcam in parking mode would give you.
Also the stop / start in modern cars can be a issue i assume, i will never buy a car with that stuff as i think it would drive me insane in day 2 day driving...... it is not all forms of automation and smart stuff i like.

I'm not too fussed about parking mode, mostly just want to stop the camera rebooting when stopping, I can't turn off start/stop for more than a drive at a time as it re-enables next time. Bit of a pain but I don't mind it TBH, my car is auto so I just press the gas and it starts and goes anyway

Do you have a button to turn off the start /stop. wife's jeep has that and drives me nuts. if not check the owners manual as sometimes it tells you if can be turned off.

I can turn it off per drive but I don't really want to do that... Seems a workaround to fix an issue.

Would the A129 Duo have the same issue?

I assume some fuses cant be affected by that stop / start stuff, your car radio for one must keep on playing even if the motor stop at a intersection.

Hitting the button each time is going to be your best bet . it'll be second nature like turning on the radio after a few times.

Back