Goluk T3 Review

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Once again, thanks to Goluk for sending the Goluk T3 for review. The version I received uses international (English) firmware, but the box content and user manual is all in Chinese, as it is a Chinese unit but with the international firmware.

Link to product spec/info/images: http://en.goluk.com/pages/t3-overview.html

Link to pre-order ($89.99): http://en.goluk.com/pages/t3-overview.html
Retail price: $99.99

Since the unit itself is quite similar to the Goluk T1 and T2, I will have to say that the device quality is pretty much the same as the T1 and T2 like I mentioned in the Goluk T1 review. And once again, my main complaint would be the color choice for the US market, as I would think most of the users would prefer a matte black finish for the dashcam unit, as oppose to the “Fire Red” and “Stone Grey” color option listed on the website. There might be other colors available also, but maybe in China, as the box shows that there are 4 colors: orange, blue, red, and grey. Nice to have different color options for those who do want something that stands out, but personally, I would prefer something black as that would be stealthier.

Differences between the Goluk T1/T2 vs. T3:

T3:
  • Hisilicon Hi3516C Processor
  • Panasonic low-light image sensor
  • F2.0 Aperture 141 wide-angle
  • Capacitor
  • Price: $99.99

T1/T2:
  • Ambarella S2LM Processor
  • Aptina CMOS sensor
  • F2.0 Aperture 152 wide-angle
  • Price:
    • T1 - $129.99
    • T2 - $149.99

Goluk App (download via App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)

You will need the app in order to change settings.

When the device first powers on, it will prompt you to download the app to get started and is pretty straightforward on how to get started. You can mess with the settings to adjust to your liking.

A note for Mac users is that a 64gb microSD card will not be readable on a Mac; must use Windows computer if you're planning to use a 64gb microSD.

As with the Goluk T1 and T2, the first impression of the device is pretty solid. The video quality at night in my opinion is pretty good also. Daytime is another story, from reviewing the footage, it seems to be underexposed and oversaturated, making some details not too visible when compared to other dashcams.

------------edit on 2017/02/04 [conclusion]------------

Alright, time to wrap this up, as I think I had enough time to do a decent comparison with the other dash cams I currently have. For the price of $99.99 retail, the dash cam have pretty decent quality for day and night. It is quite comparable to other dash cams around this price range with a good parking mode that records 8 seconds before motion/impact detected and 8 seconds after, which I would think it is similar to Korean dash cams (have yet to test one though…).

As I mentioned in the Goluk T1 review, the app is pretty simple and straightforward to use, as there aren’t too much to mess around with and it’s pretty self explanatory. The newest firmware update (including T1, T2, and T3) seems to allow user to disable motion detection parking security mode and have the option to just turn on impact detection to record in parking security mode. This is a great option for those who just want impact detection instead of motion detection also, as motion detection do fill up the memory card quite fast with small 16 second clips in a busy parking lot environment.

The remote, depending on the user, it might come in handy to save a 12 or 30 second clips at 480p or 1080p for sharing or to go back to the file and find the full clip easier. When pressing the button, the dash cam will record 6 (or 15) seconds before pressing the button on the remote and 6 (or 15) seconds after. It will save the video clip to the folder “Wonderful” and is accessible through the app or by taking the memory card out and viewing it on the computer. It seems to be made for sharing video, as it seems quite popular in China.

I have yet to test the dash cam with a 128gb or higher. Only tested it using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra and there are no settings to change the recording time of 3 minute per clip, but that is ideal for most.

For design, my view still stands as this dash cam isn’t stealthy in terms of color options. I do like that it is a cylinder design, similar to Blackvue dash cams; but just wish Goluk went with a black color scheme, so it’s less noticeable.

Overall, the dash cam is pretty decent with the video quality compared to others I’ve tested, just that the daytime video is a bit too saturated and grainy. For the price of $99.99, this is a good buy for those who want a dash cam with parking mode and does a pretty good job during day and night.

-----------end------------

Photos of the Goluk T3:
KakomrD.jpg

84cGp4W.jpg

Lh9tuog.jpg

qlwG2CH.jpg

4ER1mV7.jpg

woImOJ0.jpg

ZqJln9q.jpg

KRbMIra.jpg

cbXggzi.jpg

Comparing it to others
d5RIrDI.jpg

RsoffyY.jpg

Link to more photos:

Screenshots of video footage will be provided below for comparison with other dash cam.

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119 daytime
As shown in the screenshot, the Goluk T3 is underexposing, making the upcoming road sign not visible on the dashcam when compared to the Viofo A119.

Goluk T3
eOIgaLt.png

Viofo A119
xCVONq6.png

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119 nighttime
Both the Goluk and Viofo do a pretty good job at night; but the Viofo seems a little brighter than the Goluk.

Goluk T3
b2n0jlR.png

Viofo A119
lud3YiB.png

------------edit on 2017/01/01------------
Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119S
The Goluk T3 is pretty grainy during the day, losing quite a bit of detail, especially when driving towards the sun.

Goluk T3
5mtuiSh.jpg

Viofo A119S
fmJ0DLw.png

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119S
I would say that the A119S produce a brighter image overall at night, making the sign more legible than the Goluk T3 when in motion on the highway. Both do a decent job.

Goluk T3
Ln52i3j.png

Viofo A119S
2CBQaBj.png

------------end------------

Last edited:
***Reserved for videos***

Unedited footage from the Goluk T3 during daytime

Unedited footage from the Goluk T3 during nighttime

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119; daytime

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119; nighttime

------------edit on 2017/01/01------------

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119S; daytime

Goluk T3 vs. Viofo A119S; nighttime

------------edit on 2017/01/22------------

Goluk T3 vs. ddpai mini 2; daytime

Goluk T3 vs. ddpai mini 2; nighttime

------------edit on 2017/02/03------------

Goluk T3 vs. Goluk T2; daytime

Goluk T3 vs. Goluk T2; nighttime

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
is it hot when running ?
how does it cost ?

is it hot when running ?
how does it cost ?

I haven't run the dashcam long enough to know if it is running hot or not, but I would say average, about the same as others I've used. As long as it doesn't overheat, I'm fine with it.

I'm not 100% sure on the pricing, but I assume it cost $99.99 since their pre-order page is up right now for $89.99 (include 10% off), so it should be $99.99 retail.
Link to their site/pre-order: http://en.goluk.com/pages/t3-overview.html

Thanks for the review mate, been looking forward to a written review of this guy, have only heard good things about it.

Thanks for the review mate, been looking forward to a written review of this guy, have only heard good things about it.

No problem. Hope the early impression review will help people decide what dash cam they might want, as the Goluk T3 is still in it's early release, so there aren't much reviews out. Will try to get a comparison between the A119S and the T3 tonight.

If there's any request of which dash cam you guys want me to compare it to, let me know as long as I have that dash cam.

I'll list the ones I have that is functional for comparison:
1) ddpai mini 2;
2) Mini 0806;
3) A118C;
4) Goluk T1;
5) Goluk T2;
6) YI Dash Cam;
7) Viofo A119 (already in the process of editing/uploading more);
8) Viofo A119S (getting the clips tonight)
Note: It might take me a while to get some comparison as I do have some vacation/road trip coming soon.

No problem. Hope the early impression review will help people decide what dash cam they might want, as the Goluk T3 is still in it's early release, so there aren't much reviews out. Will try to get a comparison between the A119S and the T3 tonight.

If there's any request of which dash cam you guys want me to compare it to, let me know as long as I have that dash cam.

1) ddpai mini 2;
2) Mini 0806;
3) A118C;
4) Goluk T1;
5) Goluk T2;
6) YI Dash Cam;
Note: It might take me a while to get some comparison as I do have some vacation/road trip coming soon.

I am also wondering is Goluk any good at firmware support with this device?

I am also wondering is Goluk any good at firmware support with this device?

I personally think they're okay; think I had 1 firmware update before for the T1. I do think they mostly wait for users to tell them about some issues and then they will work out a firmware fix. Their support is responsive though, so if you have any issue, you could probably email them and see what they say about it.

Updated 1st and 2nd post for comparison between the Goluk T3 against the Viofo A119S.

1) ddpai mini 2;
2) Mini 0806;
3) A118C;
4) Goluk T1;
5) Goluk T2;
6) YI Dash Cam;
Would love to see the compatison between t3 and the ddpai mini2..goodluck

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Flash Plus using Tapatalk

Would love to see the compatison between t3 and the ddpai mini2..goodluck

I will try to get some footage within 2 to 3 weeks as I am not home currently and don't have it mounted on my current car for roadtrip.

Didn't realize forum post limits 20 image per post... guess I should have reserved a bit more post...

Goluk T3 vs. ddpai mini 2
My impression of the Goluk during the daytime still stands; it's a bit too saturated and grainy when compared to the ddpai mini 2.

Goluk T3
TdoBa2d.png

ddpai mini 2
YymzGVl.png

Again, it seems to me the Goluk T3 is on the grainier side when zooming in on the Jeep on the right side, you cannot make out the details of the license plate, where with the ddpai, you possibly could (though it's still not too clear). I do like the contrast and saturation on the Goluk though during nighttime.

Goluk T3
vHkb2JU.jpg

ddpai mini 2
Hpy07vM.jpg

Video comparison of the Goluk T3 vs. ddpai mini 2 is still on post #2

Anymore request are welcome.

Didn't realize forum post limits 20 image per post... guess I should have reserved a bit more post...

My impression of the Goluk during the daytime still stands; it's a bit too saturated and grainy when compared to the ddpai mini 2.

Goluk T3
TdoBa2d.png

ddpai mini 2
YymzGVl.png

Again, it seems to me the Goluk T3 is on the grainier side when zooming in on the Jeep on the right side, you cannot make out the details of the license plate, where with the ddpai, you possibly could (though it's still not too clear). I do like the contrast and saturation on the Goluk though during nighttime.

Goluk T3
vHkb2JU.jpg

ddpai mini 2
Hpy07vM.jpg

Video comparison of the Goluk T3 vs. ddpai mini 2 is still on post #2

Anymore request are welcome.
Thanks for the review..anyway, does the goluk have exposure settings that may adjust the video?

Thanks for the review..anyway, does the goluk have exposure settings that may adjust the video?

Not that I know of, as the app doesn't have the option to change exposure.

Not that I know of, as the app doesn't have the option to change exposure.

Hi, thanks for the T3 review. I'm new to these devices and just put a T2 in my car that I got at Christmas time. I really like the compact size and the simple fact that it doesn't have a screen. Just noticed they now have the T3 out. Based on the info, it looks like the two key differences are the change in processor and imaging chip. I'm really curious how the two units compare expecially since the older T2 is still available and at a higher price. I can't help but think the T3 would be significantly improved but then again Goluk could be pushing this new unit into a lower cost / lower image "quality" market.

Looks like they both are using f2 x 6 element lenses but the T3 has a narrower field of view. I had seen something about the T3 using electronic image stabilization and some sort of license plate detection. Do you see anything in your T3 clips or some additional features in the software when connected to the T3 that shows either of these features ?

Hi, thanks for the T3 review. I'm new to these devices and just put a T2 in my car that I got at Christmas time. I really like the compact size and the simple fact that it doesn't have a screen. Just noticed they now have the T3 out. Based on the info, it looks like the two key differences are the change in processor and imaging chip. I'm really curious how the two units compare expecially since the older T2 is still available and at a higher price. I can't help but think the T3 would be significantly improved but then again Goluk could be pushing this new unit into a lower cost / lower image "quality" market.

Looks like they both are using f2 x 6 element lenses but the T3 has a narrower field of view. I had seen something about the T3 using electronic image stabilization and some sort of license plate detection. Do you see anything in your T3 clips or some additional features in the software when connected to the T3 that shows either of these features ?

If I remember correctly, there aren't much difference in the app/software between the Goluk T1 and T3. I will double check tomorrow through the app and maybe provide screenshot of the app settings if there's any differences.

Video quality, I haven't really done a direct comparison between the Goluk T1/T2 against the T3, but if requested, I will compare those 2 dashcam. But from previous review/testing of the Goluk T1, the T1 had better daytime video and about the same for night when compared to the T3 in my opinion. The main issue right now I'm seeing with the Goluk T3 is it's overly saturated and graininess videos during the day.

If I remember correctly, there aren't much difference in the app/software between the Goluk T1 and T3. I will double check tomorrow through the app and maybe provide screenshot of the app settings if there's any differences.

Video quality, I haven't really done a direct comparison between the Goluk T1/T2 against the T3, but if requested, I will compare those 2 dashcam. But from previous review/testing of the Goluk T1, the T1 had better daytime video and about the same for night when compared to the T3 in my opinion. The main issue right now I'm seeing with the Goluk T3 is it's overly saturated and graininess videos during the day.

I looked at several of your videos and agree about what you noted concerning the image quality versus your prior T1 review. I would love to see a side by side comparison if possible to really point this out but I also don't expect you to do it from just my request alone.

As a simple consumer I would have just assume the T3 is better than the T2 which is better T1 but that doesn't appear to becthe case with Goluk.

I just spent a little time looking at the specs of the T1 vs T2 and now understand why you group them together as a single unit. I had just assumed the T2 was a leap ahead of the T1 when I got it based on their names but the only difference I could find is the color. The T3 has some big internal changes as noted. Its a shame they may have degraded the unit rather than improve it.

I looked at several of your videos and agree about what you noted concerning the image quality versus your prior T1 review. I would love to see a side by side comparison if possible to really point this out but I also don't expect you to do it from just my request alone.

As a simple consumer I would have just assume the T3 is better than the T2 which is better T1 but that doesn't appear to becthe case with Goluk.

I just spent a little time looking at the specs of the T1 vs T2 and now understand why you group them together as a single unit. I had just assumed the T2 was a leap ahead of the T1 when I got it based on their names but the only difference I could find is the color. The T3 has some big internal changes as noted. Its a shame they may have degraded the unit rather than improve it.

Alright, I will get something together by next weekend for comparing the T1 and T3. The T1 and T2 is identical in terms of spec, but from what I was told previously, they might try to differentiate it by firmware, though I have yet to see that.

I also don't know how Goluk is marketing their dashcam, as one would think each # increase means an upgrade to previous model, but it might not be the case with Goluk.

Also, comparing the settings within the app of the Goluk T1 and T3, the only difference I am seeing is the ability to turn on or off motion detection on the T1 when Parking Security Mode is enabled (on newest firmware). The Goluk T3 doesn't have that option to disable motion detection. So for the T1 with Parking Security Mode enabled, it will only record video if there's an impact detected.

@ohiotim Here's the video comparison between the Goluk T3 against the T2 you requested for. Not going to provide screenshot comparison this time, just because I couldn't pick out any good scene. But my view point still stands, the Goluk T3 is a bit saturated and grainy compared to the T2 during daytime. At night, both seem to be on par with each other. The video is located on post #2, but I will post it here also.

Goluk T3 vs. Goluk T2; daytime

Goluk T3 vs. Goluk T2; nighttime

Back