Good bye

RBEmerson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Sjcam SJ7, Sena Prism
I've sold my SJ7 on eBay and moved on to the Sony FDR-X3000. I hope I've helped people and clarified issues where possible.

Cheers,
Rick

Thats also a sweet camera, i cant wait to see what Sony do with its follow up, maybe one of the sensors that are in some phones now that do awesome slowmotion recordings

The X3000 has much to recommend it, but also some amazing gaps including very limited 4K shooting time. At least the X3000 recognizes when it's overheated and shuts down. But that's all discussion for another venue. Enjoy the future, it's an adventure. :)

The X3000 has much to recommend it, but also some amazing gaps including very limited 4K shooting time. At least the X3000 recognizes when it's overheated and shuts down. But that's all discussion for another venue. Enjoy the future, it's an adventure. :)

Yeah, I have been waiting for actioncams like gopro, sony etc so support some dashcam functionality but they do not seem to care about that, kind of sad because most of the "brand" names are more reliable because of better firmware. Without solid reliable firmware it does not matter what hardware you have. This is the reason I have been waiting for the next generation of actioncams like the SJ8 etc. But we will have to wait and see how it preforms.

At least the fab is now on 14nm and that is much better for heat problems. But even so I read in the forum for the YI+ camera that it does get hot so the manufacturers need to get better at fixing these problems. Same thing with Sony a5100, a6000, a6300 and so on. They do not seem to care about this but overheating is a real issue and something that the end user should not have to deal with. Another issue is the lack of using external microphone if you wanted to. Same thing here, the hardware, optics etc have improved a lot.

The whole point of a action cam is that you want to use if for a specific reason or in a specific situation where a DSLR or some other gear will not work for you, and then you are stuck with bad sound if you can not use external sound. So irritating. Sure you can sync it in post with external recorder but then you have additional gear you did not want to use in the first place, hence the reason for the small size of a action cam. I was looking at getting the x3000 for the optical stabilization but the product is kind of old now and I would rather buy a x4000 if there is one, as it will have a new better chip and perhaps no overheating issue. But what Sony is up to as of late I have no clue.

Best of luck with your Sony x3000

I really like the Sony RXo or what ever its called, but it can only do 1080p internal, 4K you need something external for it to work.
So i hope Sony 1 up that one, and i win the lottery soon as thats what it would take to not just dream about such fine things.

Iphonedo on you tube has a good video on that RX0! The little beauty has a large sensor, but, according to Nick, focusing distance is longer than his arm's length!
If you have to carry an additional 4k recorder with your RXO, it's no longer a nimble action cam!

Indeed. lets hole V 2.0 have all it need build in.

' just watched Pevly's review of his sj8 pro! He says the bitrate in 1080 / 60 is only 18 Kbps, and the 720/240,and 1080/120 resolutions have DOUBLED frames!
Bummer!

Sound like a messy firmware, and strange to me when contemplating that many a thing from the yi 4k+ must transfer strait to the sibling chipset with little effort.
Or maybe again i am making things more simple than they really are.

Back