Good cam for Parking with WiFi

zapps

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm looking for a camera with the following qualities, for the purpose of capturing anyone who may hit my car at night:

1. Excellent night time clarity
2. Reliable parking mode
3. WiFi
4. No screen
5. Discrete
6. Withstand moderate heat (temp doesn't go higher than 105F - 41C)
7. Accept large capacity memory cards to record for extended periods in parking mode (maybe 3 days in a row)

Thanks!

Hi,

There are not many cameras with WiFi yet. These are the most popular ones.

While not perfect, the BlackVue DR500GW-HD would meet most of your requirements.

41 deg C moderate :eek: if that is on the outside and in the shade a car parked in the sun will be much hotter inside.

If you are thinking wifi to be able to log on the camera while your car is parked, i am affraid you will find the range of the wifi outside the car very small.

If it is at your house and you park in the same spot every time its better to have a CCTV camera pointed at your parking spot.

Allso please remember rain & dew will at times block the view out the window of your parked car, so if it get hit at that time you will not be able to see anything on the footage.

I have a 1080P IP camera at my car at all times when i park at home.

gotya2.jpg

You could try a Panorama S or Panorama G and add a WiFi enabled SD card.
(can handle extreme heat/cold, great parking mode)
Cover up the screen.

Problem is WiFi cards don't go up that big.

Pano can handle normal 256GB 512GB SD cards though for example

Some good suggestions, thanks.

The desire for WiFi is just convenience of accessing the files from my phone. I don't want to have to fuss with removing a card to access files. I park on the street wherever I can get a spot, and if I see any hit & run damage, I want to be able to view the files on my phone on the spot.

Back