Good Camera for several hour time-lapse?

IsaacRogers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to vlog and do video documentary during highschool and college, I've been out of the scene for a long time and don't have any modern devices.

I'm looking for a quality dash cam to do long (6+ hour) timelapse photography/video, on my long distance US road trip in a few months. Resolution and overall quality isn't a big issue, as long as it has a decent timelapse mode. Ideally I would like to keep it under 150 euro/200 usd or so. Any higher than that and I might as well buy a timelapse capable handycam. I would greatly prefer something that doesn't have many overheating issues, since I'll be travelling through all manner of climate.

Extremely grateful for any and all feedback as I am in no way familiar with what's available nowadays!
~Isaac

I am looking for the same thing, if anyone can suggest a model that will do that. I would plan to download the video each day after driving or use another sd card.

you can use dashcams, or that is some you will have to deal with post production as time lapse are not something you find in many dashcams and those that have it are all ( i think ) in relation to parking guard.

And the dashcams also have pretty wide angle lenses so you will have dash and so on in the frame too.

Our member hanstj do stunning road trip videos but he use a camcorder, and speed up in post production.
https://www.youtube.com/user/blessedhomosapiens

Here is a video of mine recorded with the SJcam SJ6 Legend this summer, it is 1080p footage upscaled to 4K to cheat youtube to not mess up the video too bad.
My video here are part 4 of a +600 Km drive around the northern end of Jutland or as we locals say the real Denmark.

Last edited:
Back