Good front/rear cam

Billiethecook

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I've been looking around this website for a while now, but I can't seem to find a review or a post about a cam that feeds my needs.
I hope someone can help me out... much appreciated!

I'm looking for a front+rear dashcam set with good day/night picture quality (the most important for me).

There are plenty of cameras with this but they mostly feature a display (I just want wi-fi to display the videos). So that would be a waste of money. GPS would be nice but not required. Also parking mode is not necessary since my car is parked for multiple days so that would drain my battery too much.

My budget is ~200 euros.

I hope someone can help me out!

P.S.
Is a SD-HC card required for the high speed data storaging?

If you want a 2 channel with no display then I'd say blackvue 590W for the price point. It has parking mode but you can turn it off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is the 590 still being supported by BV?I know their 650 has been EOL'ed and their 750 has been given a deadline for that. No point in buying any cam which has no support behind it.

Even though it has a screen, one or the best values and a superb cam for video quality day and night is the A129 Duo, and it's well-supported too. Not sure of the price there. For a manufacturer, the LCD display is quite cheap and doesn't have much to do with the retail price of a dashcam- a few bucks at best. Unless you've got a strong reason to go screenless I'd advise against ruling such cams out as many of the better cams and better values have them.

Phil

The 590W is still being supported. It's also on their front page on www.blackvue.com. They just came out with a new firmware update November 28, 2018 and is also part of their cloud system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I guess I'm going for the Viofo since the price of the blackvue is a lot higher. Thanks guys!

camras today require SDXC cards, which also seem to be the bulk of cards for sale today.

Back