Good little camera

ursamajor

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A129+, LS650W, GoClever DVR Extreme Gold
Hi, to you all, and a happy new year!
It's been so long... since I visited last time the forum.
Few days ago I was looking for a small, cheap but good camera for action (sport, selfie videos etc.) and, why not, for my car too.
The primary condition was to buy this camera from my country and, as much as possible, from my city of residence, to avoid paid of custom taxes and VTA. By the way, when I bought my LS650W from FoxOffer I paid, as far I remember, more than 35% for those taxes.
So, I started my search in local (foreign) hypermarkets (as Carrefour, Metro, Selgros etc.) and local (romanian) supermarkets (Altex, Flanco etc.). I identified about 10-12 models of dashcams and action cams. The only one that met all my conditions was the one I bought: GoClever DVR Extreme Gold. It'a Polish brand, but of course the cam is made in China. Price: 200 lei, that means about 44 euros or 48 US dollars or 32 GB pounds. In my opinion it's a very good price having in mind that it has all taxes included and it has warranty for 2 years.
The camera looks great, IMHO, it's very small, it's well built and it has a metal chassis (black frame) and golden plastic covers (see picture).
GoClever-dvr-extreme-gold.jpg
"Under the hood" there is a Novatek 96650 "engine", the camera beeing capable of full HD (1920x1080p) videos, but also 1280x720p HD@60 fps and VGAs.
There are 3 functions that camera can perform:
- action camera, with unlimited videos,
- dashcam, car camera, with 2 min. videos, date/time stamp, G-sensor
- picture camera, with pictures@5 Mpixels
video.gif
For other features please contact the site of the vendor. I intended to make not a full, but only a small review, just to show to other people a very cheap and good enough action/car camera.
I uploaded some videos taken with this camera on one of my Youtube channels. I gave link with full RAW videos in the description of each Youtube video, because the quality of Youtube is... very low.
For my part, this camera is what I wanted. For now, I don't need other features to pay more for them.

Links (excuse the very dirty windshield):

And another one, taken by some other guy:

Now, me and my Cannondale, we have a new little friend to accompany us in our rides. :D

IMG_0696.jpg

Last edited:
Good bitrate right off the box!
I took a peek at their site and I gotta say, one buys a lot of things with those 44€! Including what seems to be a good all-round camera. The only downside, for me, it's the shape. I don't like the "brick" form factor in action cams.

Or the shiny color if you wanted concealed cam.

Small "disadvantage": it can be cancelled by painting the face of the camera using a black spray or by sticking on it some black scotch tape. But it's not my case. ;)

The only downside, for me, it's the shape.

Indeed, I like the cylindric action cameras too, but they are too, too expensive.

Last edited:
Back