Good Looking Dash Cam but no reviews!!!

aaronhyland800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, this is my first time posting on here. I have the A118-C currently in my car which has served me well. My wife doesn't have a dash cam so I am going to give her mine and get myself a new one as i do a lot more driving then she does so i would like one with a rear view camera, wifi capability so i can set it all up and view it through my phone but i would also like something that also has a screen built in so that i can program it and view it on the actual camera in case i dont have my phone with me I would also like one which can hold a bigger memory card as my current one only holds a max 32GB

I have stumbled across this one on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07BRVGPMS
I meets all the criteria that i want and i also like the look of it. However, i cant find any reviews of it anywhere including amazon, youtube or online. I don't want to take the risk of buying something without reading up on it first. I'm just wondering if it is a generic camera which gets re branded for other companies to sell. Has anyone seen one of these before or knows if it comes under a different model name or knows another company which sells it that might have more reviews on. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• dash cam.jpg
    dash cam.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 15
  • dash cam 2.jpg
    dash cam 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 15
The rear camera are worthless only D1 / old school TV resolution, everything need to be 1080p and decent bitrate
Best moderate price dual channel dashcam at the moment i think are the 0906 camera made by MEG and sold with a few names on them.

it's a public model product, the rear cam will be very low quality (think bigfoot sightings), the front at best is possibly similar to your A118C

Cheers guys. TBH the rear view camera isn't a main priority. I have seen videos of similar rear dashcams and i must admit that they aren't the best but i thought as a backup it might come in handy. KamKar1, i have looked into the 0906 but my reason for not going with it was that it wouldn't fit behind my rear view mirror which i would like and it doesnt have wifi.

If you wait a short while longer then you could upgrade to an A129 - matches your specification perfectly!

If you wait a short while longer then you could upgrade to an A129 - matches your specification perfectly!

oh really?! that sounds brilliant! any idea on a release date nigel?

Funny thing this dashcam business, some times its like dead and nothing happen, and then suddenly everyone are releasing new cool cameras, and the poor addicts just cringe.
to a large degree i figure its down to whats available for the makers to play with, and what the financial department allow the engineers to throw them self at.

Good & bad ideas are never lacking.

oh really?! that sounds brilliant! any idea on a release date nigel?
Next month has been mentioned as the plan, I will be surprised if it makes it into the shops next month though, maybe into production, probably the month after for the shops, but it's only guessing at this stage. As long as you are not in a hurry then it is worth waiting.

Funny thing this dashcam business, some times its like dead and nothing happen, and then suddenly everyone are releasing new cool cameras, and the poor addicts just cringe.
to a large degree i figure its down to whats available for the makers to play with, and what the financial department allow the engineers to throw them self at.

Good & bad ideas are never lacking.
For the dual dashcams, things seem to be going quite slowly, the 0906 has been out for ages, SG only recently released theirs, and Viofo is still in the pipeline, but they all use the same processor, the same processor that is in my Gitup G3 dual action camera that I've had for, two Christmases now!

Having said that, the technology in the A129 is a bit more advanced than the others, sometimes being last puts you in the lead!

Reactions: Mtz
Next month has been mentioned as the plan, I will be surprised if it makes it into the shops next month though, maybe into production, probably the month after for the shops, but it's only guessing at this stage. As long as you are not in a hurry then it is worth waiting.

I’m happy waiting if it meets my spec. I just YouTube’d the A129 and they have 2 videos of a factory test and it looks brilliant, especially the night footage (something which is not so good with my A118C ... I live in the countryside with no street lighting)

It’s just a shame there is no footage of the rear camera.

Another question which someone might be able to answer. As my next dash cam will have WiFi, will it always connect and stay connected to my phone automatically every time it’s turned on?

For the dual dashcams, things seem to be going quite slowly, the 0906 has been out for ages, SG only recently released theirs, and Viofo is still in the pipeline, but they all use the same processor, the same processor that is in my Gitup G3 dual action camera that I've had for, two Christmases now!

Having said that, the technology in the A129 is a bit more advanced than the others, sometimes being last puts you in the lead!

I agree, dash cams have become such big business now though. I do a lot of motorway driving and you notice so many people with them now so they’re going to get more and more advanced. I think within the next 10 years they’ll be a standard fitting in most cars. I also think instead of working on making them better at night they will just have infa-red sensors in them and there will be infa-red headlights fitted into cars next to regular headlights, that way at night they can be on the equivalent of full beam constantly being able to record much further and much more detail but not blinding other drivers.

I’m happy waiting if it meets my spec. I just YouTube’d the A129 and they have 2 videos of a factory test and it looks brilliant, especially the night footage (something which is not so good with my A118C ... I live in the countryside with no street lighting)

It’s just a shame there is no footage of the rear camera.

Another question which someone might be able to answer. As my next dash cam will have WiFi, will it always connect and stay connected to my phone automatically every time it’s turned on?
The production version will have significantly better quality than the early prototypes, although maybe Youtube quality isn't good enough to see.

As for the rear, it is just as good as the front :)

Normally you will connect the phone when you want play back, copy videos to the phone for safe keeping/to take away/etc, or to change settings. Depends a bit on the phone, some will loose their internet connection if you connect to the camera, so you don't want them connected all the time.

I agree, dash cams have become such big business now though. I do a lot of motorway driving and you notice so many people with them now so they’re going to get more and more advanced. I think within the next 10 years they’ll be a standard fitting in most cars. I also think instead of working on making them better at night they will just have infa-red sensors in them and there will be infa-red headlights fitted into cars next to regular headlights, that way at night they can be on the equivalent of full beam constantly being able to record much further and much more detail but not blinding other drivers.
IR is not the future, full beam IR headlights would be very dangerous!

Lidar is the future, then you can display all the vehicles around you as a 3D model that you can move around to accurately see all the gaps, and who was too close! Wonder how long it will be before we get a lidar dashcam?

The production version will have significantly better quality than the early prototypes, although maybe Youtube quality isn't good enough to see.

As for the rear, it is just as good as the front :)

Normally you will connect the phone when you want play back, copy videos to the phone for safe keeping/to take away/etc, or to change settings. Depends a bit on the phone, some will loose their internet connection if you connect to the camera, so you don't want them connected all the time.

I found if you play it in HD on YouTube and full screen then it seemed good quality. That’s exactly what I was thinking Nigel that’s why I asked ... I was wondering if when you connected to the WiFi then would you lose 4G connection ... it’s not a big deal because I can just knock off the WiFi on my phone. It’s an iPhone so I’ll have to look online and see what people say

IR is not the future, full beam IR headlights would be very dangerous!

Lidar is the future, then you can display all the vehicles around you as a 3D model that you can move around to accurately see all the gaps, and who was too close! Wonder how long it will be before we get a lidar dashcam?

When I said IR headlights I mean that you would still have regular headlights like we do now but you would also have bright IR headlights along side it. That way your regular headlights would allow the driver to see and be seen but then you would have bright IR headlights which would just be for the dash cam to use and allow it to pick up more detail and see further then they do currently. The IR lights could be as bright as you want all the time because it is invisible to the human eye so you wouldn’t dazzle anyone. It’s hard to explain in writing what I mean haha

When I said IR headlights I mean that you would still have regular headlights like we do now but you would also have bright IR headlights along side it. That way your regular headlights would allow the driver to see and be seen but then you would have bright IR headlights which would just be for the dash cam to use and allow it to pick up more detail and see further then they do currently. The IR lights could be as bright as you want all the time because it is invisible to the human eye so you wouldn’t dazzle anyone. It’s hard to explain in writing what I mean haha
Unfortunately, very bright IR lights can cause permanent eye damage, while your suggestion would work, it would also be dangerous to other road users.

Reactions: Mtz
Unfortunately, very bright IR lights can cause permanent eye damage, while your suggestion would work, it would also be dangerous to other road users.

I didn’t know that. Thanks for your help with the A129 I’ll be keeping an eye out for it. I just hope it’s less then £50

Thanks for your help with the A129 I’ll be keeping an eye out for it. I just hope it’s less then £50
I doubt the A129 is going to be less than that, or even the same as that. That's about 70 bucks in the U.S. and an A119S or A119v2 sells for that if you can find it on a great sale, normally they are more.

Back