Good micro-usb dashcam

Troyzila

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am replacing a dashcam which used micro-usb for the power so I already have a micro-usb cable run through the panels of my car to the rear view mirror. I don't want to re-run a different cable. I have found mini-usb to micro-usb adapters but not the other way around. Most of the dashcams I seem to find use a mini-usb. Also, my cable run isn't super long coming out so if the micro-usb port on the dashcam is on the top, that would be ideal. I prefer a horizontal rectangle form factor with a big screen on the back (like this)evasa-dashcam.jpg
I have found it difficult finding a list of dashcams based on incoming power usb port type. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

I believe the Blueskysea B4K is supplied with a micro USB power socket.

Alternatively, some cameras use USB-C, and you should be able to get an adaptor fairly easily. Although they tend to be the more power hungry dashcams, and I don't recommend powering a Viofo A139 3 channel dashcam through an adaptor from a power supply that is probably not powerful enough.

B4K is USB mini. USB micro is used in very few dashcams. It's always best to use the dashcam manufacturer's supplied PS and cabling for warranty and reliability purposes anyway.

Phil

B4K is USB mini. USB micro is used in very few dashcams. It's always best to use the dashcam manufacturer's supplied PS and cabling for warranty and reliability purposes anyway.

Phil
B2K is mini, I think B4K is micro...

B2K is mini, I think B4K is micro...
They're both the same size though not interchangeable. My old phone's Bluetooth earpiece gadget used an even smaller version of USB which I think is the micro size, but I am not an expert on the matter. I have noticed with most of my cams which all claimed to be USB mini there was the interchangability issue I already noted.

Regardless I still recommend using the new cam's supplied PS even if it means running the new cable.

Phil

Back