Good News! Temperature Cut-Off Increase for the DR900s 185f

My DR900s overheats so easily. I even put more tint on my window above the camera. It'a only in the 70'a outside and it overheats just parked in the sun. Jeez... what's going to be annoying is the camera turning off when I needed it most...

Check my latest thread. My DR900s is able to handle heat using double heat sinks without issues. Today the temp peak was 110F/43c and it worked just fine despite being parked in direct sunlight

Check my latest thread. My DR900s is able to handle heat using double heat sinks without issues. Today the temp peak was 110F/43c and it worked just fine despite being parked in direct sunlight
It seems that this heat sink works! Congrats!

Whats funny is that BlackVue have BIG issues with these “normal operating temperatures”!
Camera is on front window. With good viewing angle. So the sun beats right down on it! Even the light sensors and cameras in your car are shaded as much as possible. Perhaps add some tint in the window area above the camera (leave 'window') for the camera lens. The ambient temp in the car is one thing, but the sun light directly shining on a black metallic tube within that hot box is going to make the stuff that's in the direct sun get hotter. There is no question that cars in hot sunny climates have plastics in the car crack and fail. The radiator add on is brilliant and should be a BlackVue part.......

Back