Google Drive Alternative for photo backup

ccozury

Reaction score
Country
United States
The connection is very bad for Google service at my area. Do you know any good (free preferred) service for photo backup? What is the one you are using? just curious

I use tumblr for my photos now a local host have given up and made many of my pictures lost forever.
You can even post images as private so only people with the link can see them.

For mass storage i use MEGA, but dont really use it for photos, but you could do that if you wanted to, it even have automatic sync with your computer so new content get uploaded automatic.

I hope you guys get that great firewall taken care off soon, causing you and us so many problems.

I'm not sure there are any other decent free photo-hosting sites left. The 3 that I used to use switched to payment required, and I lost some irreplaceable pics. I suspect Google will do the same someday. A lot of folks here use the free WiFi at fast-food restaurants for their data- heavy stuff if their home internet is slow. Go when they are not busy for best results.

Phil

How about setting a NAS at home?

I have a NAS at home and the pictures are backed up to Amazon Glacier.

I agree with @kamkar1 that MEGA.NZ would be an excellent cloud storage platform accessible from China.

• 50GB free cloud storage
  • Synchronize folders on your PC
  • Great mobile apps
  • Completely private encryption
  • Attractive, useful web interface
  • File versioning
  • Deleted file recovery
mega2.png

mega1.png

I agree with @kamkar1 that MEGA.NZ would be an excellent cloud storage platform accessible from China.

mega is hit and miss from China, it's not always accessible, it's not totally restricted like all the Google services but it is still a problem to get to a lot of the time

mega is hit and miss from China, it's not always accessible, it's not totally restricted like all the Google services but it is still a problem to get to a lot of the time

It's what Mobius asked me to use and it worked well at the time. Perhaps things have changed? Probably the new Chinese VPN restrictions would be my guess.

Last edited:
It's what Mobius asked me to use and it worked well at the time. Perhaps things have changed?

I've used it plenty of times also, a lot depends on the ISP as well, the larger ones are generally worse, it can change often, generally for the worse unfortunately, can be very frustrating when trying to do business

I had a lot of grief with my VPN there in April, ended up having to tether my laptop to my mobile to get restriction free internet

and I lost some irreplaceable pics. I suspect Google will do the same someday.
That's what happens when we fail , i'm sure Google will do the same someday, do not use the free WiFi at fast-food restaurants any more ,they are not stable enough .
How about setting a NAS at home?
If you can transfer photos to computer and backup them . I'm sure it's better than that .
I often backup Android data on computer, and so far ,it still helps me a lot .
Just like do that : https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-photos-from-android-to-computer.html

Last edited:
That's what happens when we fail , i'm sure Google will do the same someday, do not use the free WiFi at fast-food restaurants any more ,they are not stable enough .

If you can tramsfer photos to computer and backup them . I'm sure it's better than that .
Yes. backing up to computer is a nice option currently

Back