Google Maps and Video Player Drive

jubliano

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I too purchased an 0805 and when it arrived the box was marked with the processor for an 0803. The supplier was pretty unhelpful BUT through this site I think (via the resolution) I have an 0805. However on going through the manualo_O two things don't seem right. 1. The manual talks about the main menu having a USB option BUT there isn't one and also says if you connect the cam via USB without the micro sd to a pc you can access folders for Video Player Drive, Google maps and PC Camera. I've tried this and no folders appear.

I am only really interested in google maps and have seen a demo of an alleged 0805 showing the maps.

I have to admit I have not yet tried the cam outdoors so the cam has not received any GPS info yet so maybe that's an issue.

Any advice greatly appreciated ( I have 4 more days to dispute with the seller).

Firmware is 20141211 v 1.0

use Registrator Viewer to view your files and you'll get what you're after if it's the GPS version, don't worry about the manual, they never match the device anyway

Thanks Jokiin - a good piece of software.

I trialed the cam on the way to work this morning. Video quality not so good (certainly cannot read number plates) - setting 1920*1080

However, this may be due to the following:

1. Position of cam - just set on dashboard (I don't want to fix permanently as I am researching ways to make non permanent fix).
2. Very dirty windscreen (I hadn't realized how dirty till I viewed the footage!).
3. Early morning sun (I am in Thailand at the moment and the sun is always very strong (and low) early in the morning (7am) and it obviously affects the cam.

Tonight I'll try to fix to the sun visor so it's higher up and pointing down to avoid direct sun. I'll also try the HDR option

Thanks again for your help.

Registrator viewer seem a great piece of software but there is no mention of an android version on the site.

Is their a similar product for Android?

Is their a similar product for Android?

nothing

heaps of devs that do dashcam apps for Android and it's the wrong device for the job, first one that applies what they know and just does a player will have a ready market

I'm amazed -when I travel I want to review footage on my easy to carry tablet which is Android based.

Cleaned the screen and the picture quality did improve somewhat (especially when I removed the lens protector!!):oops:

This am. tried to attach to sun visor - and when viewed enormous amount of shake and showed many sections when no recording occurred?

I'm still not convinced about the quality of the pics for the alleged definition. (it's currently set to HDR 1080 * 1820 - Registrar viewer does not show HDR only 1080*1820 but I think that might be down to the amount of space available for that field).

not going to look great until it's solidly mounted
Ditto that. Utterly pointless not using the mount, cos as jokiin said, you're guaranteed to get awful resolution! Why do you want a non-perm install? Short-term rental cars? Use a pool car? Taxi?
Anyway, if you want to really check the quality, don't think about sticking it on the dash; hand hold the cam outside and take shots that way - close-up and distance, with difficult things to resolve, like brickwork - then play it back on a Full HD TV. I don't know if that 20141211 v 1.0 denotes an 0805 - jokiin will know - mine was bought from Amazon in March and its running 20150115 V1. Oh yes, if it has 2560x1080 resolution, its an 0805...

Last edited:
Back