Google Maps fix for RegistratorViewer (Windows)

Just a quickie... I'm still using Registrator Viewer v.6.0.0.22c as it's the only software that can decode the GPS data from the subtitle stream on my G90 dashcam videos.
After all these years I've just realised that the date displayed from the GPS in Registrator Viewer is wrong.
As I've never found an alternative way to extract the GPS data from these dashcams I can't tell if the dashcams or Registrator Viewer is at fault.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
P.S. I've tried using the latest firmware for my G90s which sets the clock from GPS... the date is still completely wrong :confused:

Just tried Registrator Viewer v5.2.0.10 and the dates are now correct but the GPS location data is now missing.
I guess Registrator Viewer is at fault... it must be extracting/parsing the GPS data incorrectly :(

Just tried Registrator Viewer v5.2.0.10 and the dates are now correct but the GPS location data is now missing.
I guess Registrator Viewer is at fault... it must be extracting/parsing the GPS data incorrectly :(
at version 5.2 it wouldn't have even known about your camera

at version 5.2 it wouldn't have even known about your camera
V5.2 can see something as as times and dates are correct on the timeline but the GPS and G sensor data is missing... storing GPS data in a subtitle stream is not unique to this camera.
I know that extracting, converting and parsing the data from this type of camera was a bit of a nightmare.
I'd like to be able to extract the GPS data so I can import the data into Locus Map on my phone for cycling.
I've tried several utilities and Python scripts that claim they can do it but no luck so far.
I have 3 of these cameras and all are still going strong after many years of use... they are so reliable and have never crashed etc but the batteries do need replacing each year or so.
They use the same processor as used in the GoPro 4 so have hardware image stabilisation and fish eye correction.
P.S. I've manage to extract the subtitle stream data myself using ffmpeg, but converting it to Base64 and parsing it is complex.

Last edited:
Bonjour
Je ne comprends pas comment être à la version V5.2 alors que le sujet est V6.0.0.22. c'est un autre logiciel ?
Pour ma question posée au sujet d'injecter sa propre clé, personne a une réponse au sujet de cette possibilité. Le développeur?
Gpinpin
-
Hello
I don't understand how to be at version V5.2 when the subject is V6.0.0.22. is it another software?
For my question about injecting your own key, no one has an answer about this possibility. The developer?
Gpinpin
-

Bonjour
Je ne comprends pas comment être à la version V5.2 alors que le sujet est V6.0.0.22. c'est un autre logiciel ?
Pour ma question posée au sujet d'injecter sa propre clé, personne a une réponse au sujet de cette possibilité. Le développeur?
Gpinpin
-
Hello
I don't understand how to be at version V5.2 when the subject is V6.0.0.22. is it another software?
For my question about injecting your own key, no one has an answer about this possibility. The developer?
Gpinpin
-
Unfortunately the developer died in a motorcycle accident several years ago and the source code has never been released.
My post was more about an issue in V6.0.0.22c but I did digress... whoops!

Yea sadly Vadim that did registrator viewer died long ago, today his software are not supporting newer cameras so it is more or less useless.
But now we have travelers Dashcam viewer software that is also getting along well, though it is not like RV to look at.

https://dashcamviewer.com/ there is a 100% working trial that are only limited in the number of files you can load into it.

Re Bonjour
J'avais compris le décès regrettable du développeur mais pourtant une personne est arrivée à modifier pour injecter une clé Google .... Et donc je m'adressais à cette personne.
Je regarde le lien
Cordialement
Gpinpin
--
Hello again
I understood the regrettable death of the developer but yet a person managed to modify to inject a Google key .... And so I spoke to this person.
I'm looking at the link above, in the meantime thanks
cordially
Gpinpin

there have been some very basic changes done to redirect some of the calls it does to pull data but nothing in the source code, it's several years behind now so for most people Dashcam Viewer or DVplayer is going to be a better option for any later model camera

Any idea what this refers to in RegistratorViewer (Windows).

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 9
Back