Google Maps fix for RegistratorViewer (Windows)

flip9

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
F770, SG9665GC
*UPDATE* 10 April 2018 - Good News! Registrator Viewer lives for another day.

Please only use the latest version of Registrator Viewer found here. Do NOT run the older versions as it will have nasty ads due to the expired RV website.

Due to the changes to the Google maps API, it will pop up javascript errors in RV. By default RV uses Internet Explorer 7 to render the scripts which is no longer supported. Even if you have IE11 installed it will still render it in IE7 mode for compatibility.

To fix the issue, IE will need to be forced to render as IE11. A registry entry will need to be put in to do this. This fix will work on Windows with IE11 or newer and Registration Viewer v.6.0.0.22 (10MB). This version can be downloaded from here

1) Run Registry Editor as Admin (Windows Button + R and type in regedit)

2) Find the following entry by expanding the trees

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

3) Right click > New > D-WORD value. Name this value as “RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22.exe”

4) Double click the entry and select the Decimal button. Enter in a value of 11001 and click Ok

If you’ve done it correctly it should look something like this:

2w1urgl.jpg

Now close Registry Editor and try load up some clips on Registration Viewer. The .js popup errors should now be gone.

** I've added a regedit file in the downloadable zip which does all of the above in one click **

NOTE: If you change the RV executable filename, it needs to also be changed in the regedit entry!

UPDATE LOG:
- 15.3.2017 Updated Google Maps API to include key
- 25.3.2017 Updated Leaflet maps API

- 25.3.2018 Updated Leaflet maps API (Removed invalid layers)
- 10.4.2018 Removed all links to expired RV domain to stop ads from loading (Thanks Daniel15)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blame a politician of your choice- everybody else does that :p

Phil

Thank you for the fix.

Best thing you could do for less advanced users is providing a .reg file that just needs to be doubleclicked and confirmed :)

Edit: Just tried it myself, simply doubleclick the .reg file and confirm the dialog
In attachment

Attachments

• RVFix.zip
    387 bytes · Views: 285
Last edited:
Best thing you could do for less advanced users is providing a .reg file that just needs to be doubleclicked and confirmed :)

Edit: Just tried it myself, simply doubleclick the .reg file and confirm the dialog
In attachment
I was gonna do this but i wasnt sure people would be comfortable just double clicking a registry edit from an internet stranger...

Its been a long while since i last visited reg edit :) and it have cost me a new format of my C: now and then.

o_O

So it looks like Google has is now starting to end the keyless API support (was supposed to be in effect since last year). I find its a hit and miss at the moment, so you might find google maps sometimes crashing out after a few seconds.

EDIT: It looks like its a daily global quota for anyone that still uses a keyless API url. Thats explains why its a hit and miss.

Anyway I've now updated the API url with my key which is good for 25,000 map loads per day. You will need to download the updated version below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7dc92xa8buchtq/RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22.zip?dl=0

I've also included the regedit fix in the zip. You just need to run the file and select yes.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to fix this. :)

o_O

So it looks like Google has is now starting to end the keyless API support (was supposed to be in effect since last year). I find its a hit and miss at the moment, so you might find google maps sometimes crashing out after a few seconds.

EDIT: It looks like its a daily global quota for anyone that still uses a keyless API url. Thats explains why its a hit and miss.

Anyway I've now updated the API url with my key which is good for 25,000 map loads per day. You will need to download the updated version below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7dc92xa8buchtq/RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22.zip?dl=0

I've also included the regedit fix in the zip. You just need to run the file and select yes.

Excellent work!

I have had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my compy and have had this problem re java script since doing so,will the fix work on Windows 10 and will I have to uninstall my present Regviewer or just run this over the top of the existing one,

Registrator Viewer is a standalone program and doesn't install anyway so yes you will be able to run the fix

Registrator Viewer is a standalone program and doesn't install anyway so yes you will be able to run the fix
Thanks mate,I am aware of this not being installed but a standalone,just couldn't find the best way to describe the problem lol

Thank you for taking the time to fix this. :)
Finally decided to "upgrade" and unfortunately the upgrade version does not work for me. The old one still does. I did merge the included *reg file but still get a script error when starting the program. Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1

Attachments

• Registrator error.PNG
    Registrator error.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 64
Finally decided to "upgrade" and unfortunately the upgrade version does not work for me. The old one still does. I did merge the included *reg file but still get a script error when starting the program. Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1

does Registrator Viewer work for you ok if you select the Open/Bing maps option?

You have Leaflet maps selected. Press F3 to switch to Google Maps

Last edited:
I've now fixed the Leaflet code anyway so you no longer get those errors. Leaflet has the same maps as Open Layers but it seems to load faster, useful as a backup too.

Download the latest version above. I've kept log of my changes in the Whats New page.

Last edited:
I've fixed the Leaflet code anyway so you no longer get those errors. Leaflet has the same maps as Open Layers but it seems to load faster, useful as a backup too.

Download the latest version above. I've kept log of my changes in the Whats New page.

Didn't see it mentioned previously, is that something you had already done?

Back