GoPro dash cam (someday). What is their ticker symbol on the exchanges?

David-ogopogodude

Reaction score
Country
Canada
GoPro is certainly a well known mini cam for sports. Me thinks that within a 5 year time frame, GoPro is going to really get into the car dash cam industry.

After all, I guess it can be said that GoPro is the gold standard for anybody wanting to record video of their extreme sports activity.

But imagine the number of vehicles on the roadways WORLDWIDE, ... if there are 6 billion people on the planet, ... it would be a no-brainer for Go-Pro executives to tap into this market with a designated GoPro car dash cam product in the near future.

Perhaps it would be wise for one to consider investing in GoPro stock now, eh? They are listed on the exchanges, ... yes? I suppose I could google it but I'll let someone else who is more proficient to do this for us here... (BTW, that's another stock that I wish I woulda invested in.... Google stock. I remember when this 1st came out, along with Yahoo, etc).

(and yes, .. I was one of those bozos that bought the purple and green colored ketchup when Heinz put them out on the shelves. ... again, .. another stock I wish I woulda bought just prior to the several coloured ketchups that Heinz offered years ago)

I assume they are GPRO on the exchange.
Heinz :rolleyes: i only eat AH catchup ( Danish brand )

I think there is plenty ppl recording ther sports with other brands than gopro, myself i had one of the first gopros ( non HD ) but since then i never bothered with them.

GoPro has 2 advantages over all the rest: name brand recognition and commercial success bringing lots of funding to keep development going. But it has to continue investing in development and new cams or those points will lose their value. With the competition increasing in number and with many lower-priced options now being used, GoPro won't find continued success as easy as their initial success, but they are doing well and that will probably continue.

I'm not sure any Cam company would be a sound investment- there's just so much new development going on that one large mistake or moment of laziness in keeping up could have a severe financial impact on them, but if anyone could weather such an event it would be GoPro.

Phil

GoPro has 2 advantages over all the rest: name brand recognition and commercial success bringing lots of funding to keep development going. But it has to continue investing in development and new cams or those points will lose their value. With the competition increasing in number and with many lower-priced options now being used, GoPro won't find continued success as easy as their initial success, but they are doing well and that will probably continue.

I'm not sure any Cam company would be a sound investment- there's just so much new development going on that one large mistake or moment of laziness in keeping up could have a severe financial impact on them, but if anyone could weather such an event it would be GoPro.

Phil
They had to reduce the price of the session to sell them and they had a large ( for them) layoff!

I'm not sure any Cam company would be a sound investment-

Anyone remember the Flip camera company? They were pretty popular and disappeared real quick.

Cisco%2BDitches%2BFlip%2BCameras.jpg

Back