GoPro Hero 4 as a dashcam

You are a
There are many better and cheaper dash cam products out there than a GoPro. They'll work much better too so they're specifically made to be a dash cam.

Kelvin
You are abosolutely right!

If you already have a GoPro then why not use it as a dashcam, saves buying another camera. CamDo actually has a little dash cam controller that automatically starts and stops the camera when the car fires up or down. Has run on time flexibility too. I was a beta tester for it (I had purchased some of their other products), and it has worked well for me.

If you only want it for a few days it will be fine until you come back to a broken screen and no camera. Most dashcams are made to be discreet , something you could never say about a Gopro. It would stick out like dogs b**s

If you already own a GoPro Hero4, CamDo offer up a little dash cam controller to use the GoPro as a dash cam. It auto turns on and starts recording when the car starts up, and auto stops and shuts down when the car turns off (with a configurable run-on time). Has worked well for me and I'm getting much better value out of my GoPro now!

Back