GoPro Hero 5 and Viofo A129 together

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I am filming on racetrack can I run my GoPro plugged in to my car USB port with GoPro battery in it? So that after I stop the battery is still charged. Or is it bad to run plugged in the USB with a battery? I can run it without battery.. but not sure which is better for filming etc.
Additionally If my 2 channel Viofo A129 is plugged into the same cigarette lighter at the same time with GoPro is it ok? Are there any problems I am missing. Thanks.

Take the battery out of the GoPro when running with the USB cable. From my experience, the battery will be tapped out despite having the USB plugged in. It seems to die before the USB power source kicks in.

You can run both GoPro and dash cam from one 12V outlet. You will need a splitter for the power or a double USB outlet.

Yes you can run the GoPro with the USB cable plugged in. You just have to remove the door. They are made to be able to do this and it's written in the manual. Two cameras on one cigarette lighter port is fine as long as they both get enough amps from their USB ports

Back