Gopro Hero 9 Black camera, remote control option removed

Biker

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
An advantage of recent years' models of Gopro's action cameras is that it has been possible to control them with a remote control (Gopro Smart Remote or similar). Several cameras could be stopped and started from the same waterproof remote control. A feature used also by some famous MC bloggers when using several cameras.

The latest camera in the series, the Gopro Hero 9 Black, also had that opportunity to begin with. But now, with the latest update, that option is suddenly gone. Without any information or explanation from Gopro! It took a long time before they responded to the complaints, but only in their customer forum, and the answer is that a new remote control is being developed, uncertain though when it will be possible to buy it or if it can control several cameras including earlier models.

Gopro has a long history of launching products that really should directly meet all needs, such as the connection of an external microphone, but for marketing reasons choose to charge extra for accessories that will make it possible. And no one thinks that the new remote control will be cheaper than the current one (which cost about $70) and which is now unusable for the new camera.

They already had a huge demand for this in the market and should process on this to deliver the interest of customers soon.

I wrote about the problem, about the eliminated support for the remote control on Gopros own customer forum. My post was immediately removed.
Reposted it and it was removed again.

Better use reddit

Tried to post on Reddit. But since i am a new user they do not accept any posting from me.

Made a new effort to contact Gopro support. But non of my computers (or browsers) can use the Recaptcha method they crave. Never had any problem with Recaptcha before, just with gopro.com

When I am not treated reasonably well as a customer, I refuse to do business with that place ever again :mad: With someone as big as GoPro they will not notice or care about that, but I do and that's all that matters to me :cautious:

Even though I'll never own one, I do appreciate your letting us all know how GoPro views and treats it's customers (y) It's a truly sad story though.

Phil

When I am not treated reasonably well as a customer, I refuse to do business with that place ever again :mad: With someone as big as GoPro they will not notice or care about that, but I do and that's all that matters to me :cautious:

Even though I'll never own one, I do appreciate your letting us all know how GoPro views and treats it's customers (y) It's a truly sad story though.

Phil
they've previously had lawyers issue DMCA takedown notices to websites that posted reviews they didn't agree with, using copyright law to get negative reviews removed is a low tactic that's for sure

An advantage of recent years' models of Gopro's action cameras is that it has been possible to control them with a remote control (Gopro Smart Remote or similar). Several cameras could be stopped and started from the same waterproof remote control. A feature used also by some famous MC bloggers when using several cameras.

The latest camera in the series, the Gopro Hero 9 Black, also had that opportunity to begin with. But now, with the latest update, that option is suddenly gone. Without any information or explanation from Gopro! It took a long time before they responded to the complaints, but only in their customer forum, and the answer is that a new remote control is being developed, uncertain though when it will be possible to buy it or if it can control several cameras including earlier models.

Gopro has a long history of launching products that really should directly meet all needs, such as the connection of an external microphone, but for marketing reasons choose to charge extra for accessories that will make it possible. And no one thinks that the new remote control will be cheaper than the current one (which cost about $70) and which is now unusable for the new camera house cleaning services 30a.
This is EXTREMELY disappointing and frustrating that GoPro releases a new product with features that the customer cannot even use because they have no accessories available. No Max Lens Mod and no Media Mod available to customers. This is an absolute shame to see GoPro dropping the ball like this. When we'll be able to purchase "the rest of the camera"????

Also, the Smart Remote does NOT work with the Hero 9. You will NOT be using a remote to control multiple cameras of one of them is a Hero 9. This is a MAJOR issue for many many people who control multiple cameras at the same time ..... or even just one Hero 9. That's just crazy. What is GoPro thinking??? Watch them drop a new Smart Remote on us that is NOT compatible with any other GoPros. When will the remote be released and what are it; a planned capabilities?

I am just shocked by this poor release of the Hero 9. It was not ready for market at all. Advertising features that are not even possible yet is just a huge slap in the face to customers. I suspect there will be mass returns incoming..... rightly so. Mine is being returned if GoPro does not make it right very soon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Motorcycle Cameras 4
simonwwfc Motorcycle Cameras 1
Back