GoPro Hero Black 10: "Bones"

jsan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been wishing for GoPro to make a dash cam for the longest time. I even tried using Hero 4 as a dashcam back when it came out, but no luck. Now I see that they have a FPV drone camera version of the Hero 10 Black called Bones.

The main issue with using a regular GoPro as a dashcam is heat among other things. But the Bones, is omitting a lot of the internals to save weight, I'm guessing this should reduce the heat as well.

It's got crazy good resolution of 5.3K @ 60FPS or 4K @ 120FPS. I don't think there is a dashcam out there with these specs. Plus the amazing low light quality of the superior sensor and chipset.

I go on sweet drives through the mountains and it makes for a good video. I know some people install the dashcam and forget it and hope they never have to view the footage, but I like viewing the footage.

HHNsfPW.png

There is rather a lot of motion blur on that image, and water doesn't even move very fast!

Does it actually survive in a hot car with no ventilation or active cooling?
Drones tend to have very good ventilation and several high power fans for active cooling of your camera!

It would be very interesting to see some dashcam footage from it...

Back