GoPro Labs

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone playing with this? This could be a game changer not just for action cam market but also (premium) dash cams.

Last edited:
I had to google it, seem nice.

It works well. You print out the QR codes as well and one ticked command works, so for example you can flip the view 180 degrees if you decide to turn the camera upside down with no other changes, just scan the QR code for landscape down. Other settings are problematic, I have found a timelapse setting did not work and the timelapse settings I have printed need to be scanned twice to work.
Sadly the 1.7 firmware is not compatible with the 2 firmware.
Maybe the 10 will have the features unlocked in the QR codes, hopefully more features if it has the GP2 chip that is apparently in progress.
The 1.7 QR code reading firmware makes this camera a lot better than the 9 as they have only added a couple of the QR code features to it. For timelapse options, the 8 with 1.7 firmware is amazing. Also, you can paint out areas f the scene for the motion detection as well. This firmware does a huge amount of stuff, but be care with the owner i.d as word on the street is that it does not always get removed if you go to firmware 1.6, not sure about firmware 2. I have printed out a user information QR code and a blank information QR code as well.

Back