GoPro mount

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, another issue. The GoPro mount on nanoQ is really not a GoPro mount - it only looks like one. Was this on purpose? :mad:

Well, another issue. The GoPro mount on nanoQ is really not a GoPro mount - it only looks like one. Was this on purpose? :mad:
What is the problem with it?

I've just screwed mine onto a Daznne P3 GoPro style mount...

Well, the problem is that it does not fit. The middle gap on 0903 is too small.

I think the little notch at the end is more of an issue. Mine doesn't seem to snap or click in the housing. I see it protrude out a hairline at the end.

looks like you have to bust out the old dreml.
Or best case scenario you have a 3D printer which is allways nice for printing adapters and mounts

Yeah, a 3D printer in every household is a nice idea. I think NanoQ should be sent replacement mounts to those who 1st production orders. That's just a nice thing to do.

But did they explicitly say that it was a go pro mount or a mount ?

But did they explicitly say that it was a go pro mount or a mount ?
No they didn't. But why make a mount that looks like GoPro but doesn't fit? Frankly I think they were trying to make it a GoPro but either measured wrong or the factory has some wild tolerances...

Update 4/11/2016:
Just noticed that they indeed advertise this as
"COMPATIBLE WITH GoPro MOUNTING SYSTEM"
(http://www.nanodashcam.com/)

Last edited:
It appears to be a nice fit to me ... but now I am wondering if we are talking about the same thing, are you trying to fit the gps mount clip onto a gopro mount, or have you swapped to the GoPro mount clip?

It appears to be a nice fit to me ... but now I am wondering if we are talking about the same thing, are you trying to fit the gps mount clip onto a gopro mount, or have you swapped to the GoPro mount clip?
Yes, the camera part with two "loops" that fit (or supposed to) into GoPro three "loops". Mine would not fit because the middle gap (on camera mount) was not wide enough.

It took some elbow grease to put the 2 loop into the 3, but once I got it in. It was smooth sailing.

Yeah, a 3D printer in every household is a nice idea. I think NanoQ should be sent replacement mounts to those who 1st production orders. That's just a nice thing to do.

yes that is what we are going to do.
anyone want new mounts or housing or some spare parts, please let we know.
as this is a free service so if you ask for PCBA that will not be easily :)

I could for sure use a new housing for the GPS in addition to the new mount. With so much experimentation almost all plastic tabs broke off.
That is if you can make it work so close to the camera. I don't know if you figured out the GPS interference and keep the same layout.

yes there are only two screws on 0903 so 4 tab locks around the camera which are very tight.
it is even not a easy work for our production line to take them off without any damage. :)
@lacibaci we will send you a full set of the plastic housing and mounts later in days.

Thank you very much. I the mean time I will keep testing (and posting)

@Rayman.Chan , I'm trying really hard not to return my nanoQ to estore009. My gps isn't working still. Have your tech fixed this issue yet? The original mount seems to be the problem. How can i request for replacement mount or gps for my nano? Please help, TIA.

@Rayman.Chan , I'm trying really hard not to return my nanoQ to estore009. My gps isn't working still. Have your tech fixed this issue yet? The original mount seems to be the problem. How can i request for replacement mount or gps for my nano? Please help, TIA.

Same here. Same story, same store.

Hi,
sorry for the problem,
we revised PCBA to make the signal more intensity but need time to mass produce.
the temporary approach is change to the shield housing which will made the GPS workable but not perfect.

you can wait for a change for the new camera with new PCBA (around the end of this month), or use the shield housing to make GPS to work now (in this week).
sorry again.
Please PM me with your request and address&number.

Rayman

Hi,
sorry for the problem,
we revised PCBA to make the signal more intensity but need time to mass produce.
the temporary approach is change to the shield housing which will made the GPS workable but not perfect.

you can wait for a change for the new camera with new PCBA (around the end of this month), or use the shield housing to make GPS to work now (in this week).
sorry again.
Please PM me with your request and address&number.

Rayman

OK PM sent. What happens once you have the revised PCBs? Will you send us a replacement or do we have to pay another $100 for a new camera?

Lac

Back