GoSafe 200 firmware update

gqukyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone having issues updating their firmware? I have a 2014 firmware on my newly purchased dashcam and even though I'm following the instructions for the firmware update, my dashcam doesn't actually update. It just starts recording after booting up. The instructions say it'll take a few mins but all mine does is record and continues to until I unplug it. It is plugged into an external power source and not my computer as instructed. Not a good first impression for this company especially one that claims lifetime firmware updates... rather pointless if I can't even get a single firmware update done...

Is the file zipped ? the updates from my lukas allways come as a zip file, and so i have to unzip it to get the 3 raw files ready for update.

yup, I unzipped the bin file and put it into the root folder of the sd card... nothing happens. no patience for it so I returned it as I wasn't getting any support even after emailing them.

Hello. The file I had on the website was labeled incorrectly so it would not allow users to correctly install firmware. It was brought to our attention and has now been fixed. I also adjusted some of the instructions. The file must be named correctly or it will not work.
Please let me know if you still run into an issue.

BTW it was not a critical update. It added the Spanish language option. Although it did add a "M" on the LCD screen indicating the menu button, which is helpful.

Is the latest firmware (GS200.us Build:20150206(V1.12)) named incorrectly? I am not getting it to install when I place the bin file in the root of my SD card. Using the version for serial numbers under G200432.

Hello. I am very sorry that you are having a hard time installing the new firmware.

Can I ask you a favor. This was a relatively new issue we found with the GoSafe 200 needing two separate firmware versions. Is there any way you can try using the other firmware instead. Perhaps they got mixed up on our end or our engineering teams end. I would greatly appreciate your time and will make it worth your effort.

We will send you over a free hardwire kit for your trouble. :)

Please email me directly at papagoinc@gmail.com

Hello. I am very sorry that you are having a hard time installing the new firmware.

Can I ask you a favor. This was a relatively new issue we found with the GoSafe 200 needing two separate firmware versions. Is there any way you can try using the other firmware instead. Perhaps they got mixed up on our end or our engineering teams end. I would greatly appreciate your time and will make it worth your effort.

We will send you over a free hardwire kit for your trouble. :)

Please email me directly at papagoinc@gmail.com

Actually I'm good on the hardwire kit, have one already I am going to install this weekend. Will try the other version later. Any news on the suction mount I saw in another thread?

Actually I'm good on the hardwire kit, have one already I am going to install this weekend. Will try the other version later. Any news on the suction mount I saw in another thread?

We are set to get our first big shipment by next week. I can definitely send one out to you if you would like. Thanks for being so understanding.

Good morning!

I was able to get the update to run today, it took three formats of the SD card inside the camera and I used my work computer to transfer the .bin file over instead of home and got a successful upgrade. It looks like the files are posted correctly on the site.

Thanks

Good morning!

I was able to get the update to run today, it took three formats of the SD card inside the camera and I used my work computer to transfer the .bin file over instead of home and got a successful upgrade. It looks like the files are posted correctly on the site.

Thanks

That's great! Why 3 formats of the SD card? Is there a difference between your work computer instead of your home? This is great insight because it helps me when I am doing troubleshooting for customers.

One thing I can think of is that maybe you duplicated the original bin file and it had an extra character in the file name. Could this possibly be why you could not get it to update by using your home computer to transfer the bin file?

Thanks for the info!

That's great! Why 3 formats of the SD card? Is there a difference between your work computer instead of your home? This is great insight because it helps me when I am doing troubleshooting for customers.

Thanks for the info!

They weren't in a row, it was a format after each attempt, so three full attempts. Home and work computers are pretty much the same on what they are running (Windows 8.1) just different brands. Not sure why one worked and the other didn't.

Thanks

Papago, I just purchased the GS200 with serial number G2000525 (so I'm downloading the file for the HIGHER one) and downloading firmware FWGS200A as per instructions.
After trying numerous formats and copying over this file to the root folder, it does nothing but start to record.
I realize the file disappears when I access it from my computer again. If I repeat, the same thing happens.

What gives? I'm trying to update to GS200.us Build: 20150612(V1.20).
My version is younger than this one.

Btw, please read your install instructions. You mention the file names wrong twice. Its very confusing.

Papago, I just purchased the GS200 with serial number G2000525 (so I'm downloading the file for the HIGHER one) and downloading firmware FWGS200A as per instructions.
After trying numerous formats and copying over this file to the root folder, it does nothing but start to record.
I realize the file disappears when I access it from my computer again. If I repeat, the same thing happens.

What gives? I'm trying to update to GS200.us Build: 20150612(V1.20).
My version is younger than this one.

Btw, please read your install instructions. You mention the file names wrong twice. Its very confusing.

I had similar issues. What finally fixed it for me was formatting the SD card with the camera then transferring the bin file to the root of the SD.

Hi CRSOFR,

Thanks for the note. I had tried that as well after reading someone had luck formatting with their work PC. Which system you use to format the card "shouldn't" matter but the fact that only certain MicroSD works with them--- I did indeed try it just for the sake of trying. (Which is worth mentioning that the friend who told me about this dashcam uses SanDisk brand card with no issue). I'm using PNY.

Back