GoSafe200 Review

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I was browsing through Amazon Flash Sales the other day and noticed that a deal on the GoSafe 200 was about to end and was almost bought up so in the name of DashCam seience I grabbed one. I think someone here asked about it and I did not see much about it on here. Also I love taking a look at things that are a little different and this model is a wing mirror clip on with a pull down screen.

I just opened it so here are some packing pictures for everyone.

TxtCNBx.jpg

Y7elb5m.jpg

A5OQKeT.jpg

iOfp06W.jpg

j56ZgII.jpg

yqOSd2v.jpg

LCD Display 2″ TFT panel, 480 x 272 pixels resolution
Lens 140° wide viewing angle
GPS Receiver N/A (Box says GPS Ready)
1080P (HD) 1920×1080
Operating Temperature 14°~149°F/ -10°~65°C
Storage Temperature -4°~158°F

I could not find chipset information so if someone who happens to know could chime in that would be great. Looking forward to taking this one for a run this week.

Last edited:
that's cheap
The deal was like %80 claimed when I seen it so a lot of people bought one. I'm not sure how well it proforms yet, but it's nice to see people get it over all the knock offs I see on Amazon.

the mount idea is a but unusual, can't say I'm a fan of that but their recent hardware has improved dramatically

the mount idea is a but unusual, can't say I'm a fan of that
I'm going to try to go in with an open mind. I'm not sure how I feel about it, even more so since my Subaru mirror is rather thick, but I guess i'll get to find out.

I'm going to try to go in with an open mind. I'm not sure how I feel about it, even more so since my Subaru mirror is rather thick, but I guess i'll get to find out.

if the bracket uses that standard mount in that format (don't know what it's called offhand) there might be other options I guess as there are other bracket types that use that style mount

if the bracket uses that standard mount in that format (don't know what it's called offhand)
Added a picture of everything in the box including the bracket.
I'll try to put it in the car today.

that connection on the back of the cam looks like a common format, not sure if it is or not, if it is though it probably opens up a lot more options

Install and screen pictures.

O9zkqM5.jpg

BdgHpRD.jpg

W6O9YnW.jpg

kzPc5GM.jpg

Videos to fallow.
I would get rid of the chrome ring if someone from Papago reads this.

The pull down screen is neat and I could see it being of some use because I know a lot of people prefer no screen so this could be a nice hybrid choice.

The two issues I have had so far have been mount related. The mirror in my Subaru is a bit thick as are most newer mirrors to accommodate the latest new mirror thing. Mine being HomeLink and Auto Dimming. so it is a bit hard to get the camera off and on. Secondly after installing the camera I found out that where I placed it covers the mirror dimming sensor causing my mirrors to be always in dimmed mode with the camera installed here.

Last edited:
the mount idea is a but unusual, can't say I'm a fan of that but their recent hardware has improved dramatically

Just wondering which papago dashcams would you recommend that have improvements and which would you stay away from?

Just wondering which papago dashcams would you recommend that have improvements and which would you stay away from?

not familiar with all the model numbers of which to avoid but of the new models the 318 is a good performer

Short clip added to prior post.
Video is 12MB

Audio although muted is 512k Mono for anyone interested.

Just purchased one of these.
tNFZVpg.jpg

I feel like this should have been included with the camera in the box just like other cameras offer a 3m stick and suction cup mount in the box. Once I get this in I will put up some more clips.

With this new mount I feel like this can be a decent camera I always like seeing companies trying something new and neat like the sliding screen idea with this GoSafe200.

Last edited:
Okay so I have been using the above mount for a few days. Had it out today. I have to flip the video so that I can plug it in from the bottom and I accidentally flipped the video and installed it the correct way so the video was flipped.

E3JlUuf.jpg

Screenshot flipped back in Registrator viewer

Okay so I have been using the above mount for a few days. Had it out today. I have to flip the video so that I can plug it in from the bottom and I accidentally flipped the video and installed it the correct way so the video was flipped.

E3JlUuf.jpg

Screenshot flipped back in Registrator viewer
Man, seriously in need of a cpl filter.

Man, seriously in need of a cpl filter.
Unfortunately I can't find a CPL for this one without some DIY. While this is a decent camera with the separate suction mount this one is going to have to take a back seat while I work on my Blacksys 4 ch deal and a few other things I have planned.

For the people like myself who nabbed this one as an Amazon lightning deal not a bad one though. Even more so when you consider all the junk knock off other cameras on Amazon that people could have ended up with

Back