Got my G1WHT today

zrhnrmey

Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
Dash Cam
G1WHT
Hello,

I got my first dashcam, a G1WHT and I am new to it and have some questions since the manual is kinda unclear.

For some reason, I can only reach the menu when the SD card is out of the dashcam and I have it restarted. When the sd card is in the dashcam I cannot go into the menu.

I notice some stuff is saved as SOS_ as prefix and some just with numbers, where are the SOS movies coming from? Maybe one of these options:

What is parking mode and should I use it?
What is g-sensor and should I use it?
What is motion detection and should I use it?

At the moment I have all turned on, but its mostly because my car cigarette lighter power socket will always give power, so I would have to unplug the dashcam everytime if I dont make it activated out of itself.

So what is the best course of action in my case?

Thanks alot!

stop the recording before entering the menu
thats good advice thanks

how about the other settings? I have heard some recordings, the SOS recordings probably, cant be deleted.

How do I make sure it doesnt fill my sd card up with these undeletable recordings?

I would suggest not using any of those settings on this model, you should find it quite reliable if you just use it without those options set

I would suggest not using any of those settings on this model, you should find it quite reliable if you just use it without those options set
but my cigarette power plug is always turned on, wont it be recording everytime? because on the 32gb sd card it can only record 5 to 6 hours which is not enough if you film constant

but my cigarette power plug is always turned on, wont it be recording everytime? because on the 32gb sd card it can only record 5 to 6 hours which is not enough if you film constant
Having those functions activated won't solve your constant power problem and will create a lot of issues when you're driving. The best way to fix it is to get a female cigarette plug and hardwire it to a switched fuse on the fuse box, them connect the power adapter to it.
It's not something most people are able to do and probably would have to be done by a car electrician, but it's either that or plug/unplug the power adapter everytime you want the camera to start/stop recording.

Having those functions activated won't solve your constant power problem and will create a lot of issues when you're driving. The best way to fix it is to get a female cigarette plug and hardwire it to a switched fuse on the fuse box, them connect the power adapter to it.
It's not something most people are able to do and probably would have to be done by a car electrician, but it's either that or plug/unplug the power adapter everytime you want the camera to start/stop recording.
thanks

damn so those 3 settings are useless? What kind of problems do they cause then? I mean the parking mode, g-sensor and motion detection

damn so those 3 settings are useless? What kind of problems do they cause then? I mean the parking mode, g-sensor and motion detection
I don't know how parking mode works in those cameras but if it's like in other cameras, without a Battery Discharge Protection device it may discharge the car's battery. G-sensor doesn't work well and can produce a lot of "false positives", i.e. locked files from pot holes or bumps on the road. If you have Motion Detection activated when the car is moving it can make the camera stop recording if there's no movement in front of the camera.

For all G1W series cams:

Motion Detect = off; by the time the can starts up you've probably missed what you needed to see and it's sensitivity is so inconsistent as to be useless.
G-Sensor = Off; running this will fill your card with locked files so it will stop recording without indication and you will not know that until you view the card's contents.
Loop Recording = On; most use the 5 minute setting, however certain individual cams will not 'like' some settings and to be reliable you'll have to choose + or - loop time.

This applies to almost all of the cheaper cams, not just the G1W series. The 'parking/shock' features were included as a selling point but are essentially false advertising as they do not work well and cannot be made to work well. Otherwise the G1W cams can be a good value though QC and build quality is quite variable. If you heed the above and get a good cam you'll really like it.

Phil

Ok thanks, so motion detect, g-sensor and parking mode can all be turned off.

Am I correct in assuming that it's only the G-sensor that makes those undeletable SOS files? Or does motion detect also make those files?

(...) the G1W cams can be a good value though QC and build quality is quite variable. If you heed the above and get a good cam you'll really like it.

Phil
That is valid for the Novatek ones, this "T" version, with the lower spec's chipset, is still very unknown in terms of reliability and durability.

Am I correct in assuming that it's only the G-sensor that makes those undeletable SOS files? Or does motion detect also make those files?
No. What Motion Detection does is motion triggered recording. If there's no motion in front of the camera, it simply doesn't record, while the G-sensor function only locks some parts of the normal recording.

No. What Motion Detection does is motion triggered recording. If there's no motion in front of the camera, it simply doesn't record, while the G-sensor function only locks some parts of the normal recording.
Thanks

At the moment I have everything turned off except for motion sensor which is turned on on high sensetivity. Now it only records while i'm driving. In a few days im gonna connect the dashcam to my computer and see if it recorded everything well.

I hope motion sensor doesn't create undeletable files, if this is the case and its working well i'll leave it like this. If it doesn't record everything i'll have to work on a power supply solution. The only problem is I kinda like that it can record while i'm not in the vehicle, you never know if someone rams your parked car.

One thing though, I noticed sometimes the IR-led (which is just a white led at the front) sometimes turnes on by itself when you have used the menu. Any other people who had this?

Hi!

I have a G1WH-T. I installed the G1WHT-301-160223ZXE firmware.
Is it any way (other firmware, config file, etc.) to disabled or change the power on and power off sound? It's really annoying. I didn't find any option in the menu.
The only way to remove the speaker? :)

Thanks, Ticesalex

Hi!

Is it any way (other firmware, config file, etc.) to disabled or change the power on and power off sound? It's really annoying. I didn't find any option in the menu.

Thanks, Ticesalex

Don't you just turn the "Beep Sound Off" in the menu settings? It will stop beeping with every button press and will also disable start up / shutdown sounds.

Hi!

Thanks, Ticesalex

PLEASE HELP ME. I'm not able to update firmware in my g1wh-t

How could I do^

PLEASEEEEE

Don't you just turn the "Beep Sound Off" in the menu settings? It will stop beeping with every button press and will also disable start up / shutdown sounds.

Hi!

Thanks, your answer!

I alredy take off "Beep Sound Off" function. The menu sound switched off, but the start/shutdown sounds is still working. I reset the settings, but nothing changes.

Back