Got my ITB-100HD...

Mtz said:
DashCamMan said:
I haven't found a newer English version of the software. If someone has the 1.3 version, please share it and I will host it here.
The version 1.0.0 of the player have one more option than the 1.3.0: the "Miles", as you can see in these screenshots:

Hi Mtz,

Thanks for pointing the MPH out. I have been using the player and never even noticed that!

Dash Cam MAn

Hi another noob here. Just curious, do you guys use the default settings or u have to do the settings manually.Any feedback will be much appreciate. Thank you.

Steve

Eazy said:
Hi another noob here. Just curious, do you guys use the default settings or u have to do the settings manually.Any feedback will be much appreciate. Thank you.

Steve

Hi Steve,

The ITB-100HD only has a few settings: Brightness, shock sensitivity, speed display, etc. I use standard brightness, insensitive shock display, display speed off and deletion by time order. Unlike other cameras that have dozens of settings, the ITB-100HD is very simple.

Dash Cam Man

Thanks Dash Cam Man,

One more thing though, how much do you normally allocate in % for Normal, Event and Parking? For the power saver do you set it to 24 or 48 hrs.

Steve

Eazy said:
Thanks Dash Cam Man,

One more thing though, how much do you normally allocate in % for Normal, Event and Parking? For the power saver do you set it to 24 or 48 hrs.

Steve

Hi Steve,

When you set "deletion by time order" there is no option to allocate % for Normal, Event and Parking. The camera will just delete the oldest file. Power saver set for 48 hours since if you are parked somewhere for more than 1 day, recording what happens makes sense.

Dash Cam Man

A "normal" Car DVR will not delete the Event files. If for example some accident happen and ITB will record for many hours, that important accident event file will be deleted.

Offtopic: I am tired about too many quotes in this forum. Is not necessary to quote the previous post or to full quote any post.

Dash Cam Man

If I understand correctly the '"%"
will only work with "deletion by file type",right?

Mtz,

Guess you're absolutely right. In the event of an accident I suppose you just have to stop the dvr from overwriting the "Event"
remove the sd card install and put a spare sd if you have it with you in your ride. That's how it works for the 100hd. Just my 2 cents.

Steve

Yes, but in an accident is possible that anybody to change anything. On another dashcams there is some percent size from the to use for events, for example maximum 10%. That events can be erased only by PC or maybe the camera will make some beeps to ask if you manual allow the file deletion.

Eazy said:
If I understand correctly the '"%" will only work with "deletion by file type",right?
Yes!

Some dash cams lock the "event" files preventing deletion. The only problem with this method is that if the G-sensor is too sensitive, the card will fill up and you will need to manually delete them. The ITB-100HD has a pretty sensitive G-sensor from my experience. Just normal driving often triggers it for me. I'm actually glad it doesn't lock the event files.

Like mtz said, the '"%" will only work with "deletion by file type" option.

Dash Cam Man

I ordered from apple-ct (with EMS shipping that they upsold me after the sale) and I got my package in 9 or 10 days! (EMS is supposed to be "5 to 7" I think.) It was held up in customs for an entire week!
Lesson learned: Never order two at a time. (I think maybe this is why it took longer. Everything inside was still sealed though, so no idea what customs was doing with it...)

I suppose this isn't apple-ct's fault. But I was thinking - if you go to a fast food drive thru and they complain the food was horrible with fingers/eyes/grissle/disgusting because of their chicken supplier, do you blame the fast food drive thru or the chicken supplier?

Hi YowzaGrimace,

Customs is always a concern. A delay in customs is not too bad if you don't get hit with any duties or taxes. Really wouldn't pin the blame on apple-ct for that ;)

Dash Cam Man

Back