Got my panorama2s

No1up

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like I just bought some sort of galaxy Camera. I got it on Amazon from pier28, came in 2 days. Looks great, I'll report back once I use it. Pier28 was above and beyond helpful, answered all my questions and I feel safe knowing I paid $200 for a legit product and not a rip off copy. South texas heat will test this unit for sure, but I don't plan on leaving it in the car for other people to help themselves to it. It's like my valentine V1 radar it now goes with me.

If the unit does fail I did get a 2 year extra warrenty so we will see how that plays out (hopefully I will not need to test that since I did pay for a high quality high heat capacity unit)

Great Choice on the Panorama, happy to help.
Texas gets extra hot so anyone that lives there will for sure want a DashCam that uses a high heat resistant super capacitor rather than a battery.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to check out PowerUCC (Panorama) Section: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/powerucc.40/
(rather than the General section)

We could actually use a nice review here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/owner-feedback-on-vendors.27/
(Official Owner Feedback on Vendors)

I do see a few design changes this needs. The unit is permanently attached to the mount, it would be nice for a quick release, so I can out the camera in my travel bag without having to detach the mount. Also it would be cool for the mount to swivel... Incase I get pulled over it would be nice to point at the window.

Another thing, do you check every unit for authenticity? Should I? Just making sure with all these fakes running around.

I haven't tried it in the Texas sun, but will do so tomorrow.

@ the check for authenticity

I think Pier28/Roadcam/JazJon (too many names lol) gets it directly from the manufacturer in Korea. They're only approved/official resellers in the States :)

I figured, it's just a very shady market on these devices. The true test will come in the next week with this south texas sun! Lol

I bought a 64gb sd card. Anyone know what the best setting would be? I'd like it to record 64gb then loop. Or should I just set it to 5min loop?

5 minute loop will create files of 5 minutes each until the card fills up then it will start deleting the oldest 5 minute segments as it needs to (first in, first out)

Format your card FAT32 for best results

I had the unit do the format. I suspect it would format it to the best format.

@ the check for authenticity

I think Pier28/Roadcam/JazJon (too many names lol) gets it directly from the manufacturer in Korea. They're only approved/official resellers in the States :)

It was unfortunate that I had to change names the 3rd time, but these things happen in Business. It was for the best. Pier28 is Bigger and Better than ever with a new dream tech team to boot.

Yes I still have direct ties to PowerUCC, Pier28 is happy to be an authorized USA Reseller.

I was told the latest Panorama firmwares support ExFat (>32GB) cards natively, but some cards still have long term ExFat issues, so manually formatting >32GB cards in a PC to FAT32 is the recommendation if you have any recording issues.

I'll be honest, so far I'm not terribly impressed, the unit just doesn't feel like a $200 device, the G1W-C comes in next week, I'll compare the 2 devices. Don't get me wrong it's a good little unit, but I'm afraid for the asking price I just don't see it, not with so much competition. The GW1-c is very aggressive in that regard.

anyone with some user experience with the GW1-C?

When you have a race to the bottom in price, that's when corners start getting cut where they shouldn't be. Sure it might work great for 3 months, but what about after that? When the moment of truth comes you need something you can depend on 100% and that is proven to hold up over time. The GXW probably won't last as long as a Panorama especially in high heat. even the -C.

For example, you'll find quite a few problem threads in the the GXW section just glancing at the first page. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/gxw.39/
If the GXW was dependable we would sell it, but I fear high RMA and would be nervous to warranty it for 1 year.

Remember the Panorama is fine tuned to bring out details, not true to life colors like a Go Pro Reality Film recording etc.

You also won't get the executive level of support I offer. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Build quality, lifespan and quality control is where the cheaper units fall short, some will reason that cheaper units can be replaced more often and are ok with that

Hehe true that. I also ordered the GW but I'll be keeping the panorama because of your support and the added warranty I bought. It just kind of feels flimsy, but I suppose it's track record speaks for it self.

Lol I clicked on the link, and that's all I could find is people wondering why the unit doesn't work right. I think I might just refuse the package.

The problem with the G1W series is there are multiple mainboard versions (7 at last count) and quite a lot of variation in quality between them, the best version of this camera costs more than some online retailers are selling theirs for shipped and delivered, you only get what pay for, sometimes less

I really dislike the mount, pier28, do you have a mount with a quick release and swivel arm. I've like to position the unit to the window incase I get pulled over. The camera is hard to put away when permanently attached to the section cup.

The 2S will work with any bracket designed for GS1000 series cameras, wide variety if swivel brackets available for those

I really dislike the mount, pier28, do you have a mount with a quick release and swivel arm. I've like to position the unit to the window incase I get pulled over. The camera is hard to put away when permanently attached to the section cup.

I'll be happy to send you a free 360 degree ball socket mount since you're an active member here. Stand by and I'll send you a tracking number for one of these.
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/pano360-panorama-3m-suction-combo-mount.html

Thanks man, I think this would improve the usefulness and transporting it would be much easier.

You have my shipping address?

I have a 1000mile trip this coming Tuesday, my dashcam with my V1 radar make an awesome combo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
No1up II / S 14
Back