Got new LS460W.

Sporting

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Firmware - HG1506161RU05

Been using it for several days. Everything works great, video quality is great. Though I've read about heat issues other people have and dont know what to do now. There is still one week when can get a refund of 157$ and buy LS470W for 173$ instead. But I dont know whether it's worth it or not. And so far there are not much feedbacks about 470. Description says it has 7G-lens, while 460 has 6G-lens. I suppose same heat issue could occure in 470.
Any suggestions?

I could consider Street Guardian and other bradns I found on this forum, but there is not really a big variety on my local market. DOD is actually most expensive here and the best one. A week ago I bought HP F300 for 120$ but I returned it next day because I didnt bother myself to check reviews before bying it and I found video quality was just terrible for that price and in comparison with DOD. After that I spent few days watching reviews and I found everything except DOD is cheap or average priced crap such as Texet, Aspiring, Falcon, Tenex etc.

So I have only 2 options left 460 and 470. The question is - should I stick to 460 and hope it will continue working as it works now or take a try for 470?

Last edited:
I have had the LS460W mounted to my window 24/7 for the past 8-10 months with no issues. If you like it, stick with it.

Thanks. I like it. But too many people report "heat issues". Did you ever used it in +30C +35C heat? And if yes, did you watch the video to check the quality? Or maybe you just didnt notice that anything changed because no accidents happened during heat and you just didnt watch those videos on the big screen?))

It has been in my car @ 35C many times. I will say that this is not when I'm in the car driving around, as my car has AC. It has been parked with windows up and has reach those temp easily inside the car. I don't check my video footage on a regular basis, but I did check out some the other day and it still looks great (It not hot out yet though). I live in New England (USA) so prolonged high temps aren't very common.

Just remember that most people don't leave reviews on the products they buy. I could sell 100 cameras and be lucky if 1 or 2 of those people left a review. If they are happy, you almost never hear from them. If they have an issue, that's when you hear about it. Hard to tell how common the "heat issue" really is. Lots of different factors may have to play out for the issue to present itself.

Good Luck.

"If they are happy, you almost never hear from them. If they have an issue, that's when you hear about it. "
Was going to say the same. I worked as a salesman for a while long a go.
Thx for comment.

......I don't check my video footage on a regular basis.......

Best to check periodically just to be sure everything is working properly. Cams can appear to be working normally but when the video is reviewed it can show problems.

......Just remember that most people don't leave reviews on the products they buy. I could sell 100 cameras and be lucky if 1 or 2 of those people left a review. If they are happy, you almost never hear from them.....

Unfortunately, most reviews - including some I've written in the past - only apply to the product's initial performance.
A number of the 'good' reviews I wrote about various products after a few weeks of ownership couldn't be edited when the item eventually developed a problem or was otherwise found to not be as good as the initial impression.
For that reason, I no longer write reviews because it's only after prolonged ownership that a proper review can be written.

Here are few vidoes by my LS460W, 2 day and 1 night. Exposure was set to "-1" btw. I didn't have another one to compare. Could please users check these videos and tell if the quality is OK. Thanks in advance. P.S., yes I see those terrible reflection on FW from my front pannel and I am thinking to get a CPL filter.

P.S. P. S. Just compared youtube videos that I posted belowe with original files and quality of orignial videos is better, I can read most plates of oncoming vehicles in the first video, while on youtube video it's almost impossible.

Last edited:
Hey, any update on your camera with the heat? I have an ls430w and I try to avoid exposing it to heat because of the possible video hit and batteries typically don't like heat. I have left in the car once in direct sunlight and when I checked the video afterwards there were a couple of recordings where the video pixelated and where it was slightly fuzzy. It got better as the AC cooled the car. So I typically take the camera down when I park because I have recorded temperatures as high as 60+ C on the car dashboard in direct sunlight. If you are worried about temperatures, there are a couple of things you can do to protect the camera besides parking in the shade - the killer is direct sunlight. You can try putting a thin layer of tint or clear luminar 80 infront of the camera - that is supposed to cut heat... I also got an idea of a camera shade from another poster - see https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0803-sunshade.6741/ - this works to cut direct sunlight exposure. However for it to work properly when parked, you need to have a separation between the suction cup and windshield otherwise there is just going to be heat conduction from the windshield to body of the camera. I came up with a solution that seems to work. If you're interested I will post more.

Back