GPS Date/Time Autosync

scplyr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all! Looking to pick up a V2 from Amazon.

Just a quick question... I understand that because this is a capacitor based model, the battery will run out with a few days of not using the car. (I do not intend to hardwire)

I'd just like to ask if there is a date/time auto sync function with the GPS models that should automatically set the correct date (time/UTC offset resetting and being a little off is okay!). This is just so that just in case the capacitor gets discharged, the date stamps when reviewing footage should be roughly correct...

Thank you all! :)

The very small RTC button battery should last at least a month. (for holding date/time) All super capacitor dashcam products still have a small RTC button battery.

So as long as you drive at least once a month you're all set.

Last edited:
Alright. Noted on this. Thanks for the help!

@ OCD Tronic -- you guys are appearing as the first option on Amazon for the A119SV2 -- the same company I'm guessing?

In that case, you may see my order soon!

That’s us! Happy to help with any questions, pre/post sale any time.

Capacitors are for file save and shutdown, nothing to do with saving settings, camera has an RTC battery for that
BTW, I thought the RTC battery only supplies power keep the Date and Time running when the A119 is not powered. But I'm wondering how the other user settings get saved.

Alright. Noted on this. Thanks for the help!

@ OCD Tronic -- you guys are appearing as the first option on Amazon for the A119SV2 -- the same company I'm guessing?

In that case, you may see my order soon!
I can vouch for OCD Tronic. I bought a few A119S v2's from him. Excellent customer service!!!

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

the time and date is the only thing that needs to change so the RTC is used for that, settings which don't change are stored in a read only area of memory
GPS isn't used to sync date/time automatically?

GPS isn't used to sync date/time automatically?

It is but not fast enough to not depend on holding date time like rtc can for the first file being recorded etc.

Last edited:
I really like the sync feature between the GPS and the A119S V2.
I specifically included the GPS with that feature when I bought my A119S V2.
I previously had a G1W-C dash cam for 3 years and every once in a while I would have to set the clock to the correct time.
Now, the A119S V2 and GPS keep the correct time for me and record it on my videos.
All I do is set the Time Zone for DST and STD time and that’s it.
I noticed at startup the unit takes a few seconds to shake hands with the satellite but that’s not a problem for me.

Back