GPS does not display in player:SOLVED

CRS 123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to do more testing....GPS receiver mounted in same location as other camera models. MPH read out is very slow responding. As I pull up and stop at a light, several seconds go by as it winds down to zero MPH. Slow to respond on the ramp up also.
Issue #2. MPH is recorded on the video file, but no GPS info is loaded and displayed in dashcam viewer. (Latest version) or other viewers as well. Anyone else?
CRS

your results sound like poor GPS signal performance, if other GPS units have worked ok in the same position (assuming that's not too close to the camera itself) then it may just be the GPS itself, I'll ask @Street Guardian USA to send you another GPS just in case it is a faulty one

I do know on Dashcam Viewer it used to not show info if there was no GPS at the start of the file, don't know if that has been fixed since, the slow response does sound like a GPS issue though

@CRS 123
Check your private message inbox, I'm ready to send you a new SGGPSWM to test with. (couldn't link your order by handle alone here, need your details)

your results sound like poor GPS signal performance, if other GPS units have worked ok in the same position (assuming that's not too close to the camera itself) then it may just be the GPS itself, I'll ask @Street Guardian USA to send you another GPS just in case it is a faulty one

I do know on Dashcam Viewer it used to not show info if there was no GPS at the start of the file, don't know if that has been fixed since, the slow response does sound like a GPS issue though

How close are we talking? I have my GPS mounted on top of the windshield which is about 8" from the dashcam. This is the same position it was in before with the GC. I'm also noticing sluggishness, but no issues with displaying.

I assumed it would also display lat and long on the video file. Is this an option?

@CRS 123

I just pre-tested a spare SGGPSWM around the block. (with my DC)

Cold lock in 2 minutes, & speed is accurate. (Always 1-2 second delay to get to zero once you stop)
I'm sending you this pre-tested GPS antenna so you can troubleshoot faster. Tracking number sent via private message

How close are we talking? I have my GPS mounted on top of the windshield which is about 8" from the dashcam. This is the same position it was in before with the GC. I'm also noticing sluggishness, but no issues with displaying.

that's far enough, if it was fine with the GC it should be ok, they are the same GPS also

I assumed it would also display lat and long on the video file. Is this an option?

we don't embed that info in the video, not currently an option

that's far enough, if it was fine with the GC it should be ok, they are the same GPS also

we don't embed that info in the video, not currently an option
Does it embed data that dashcam viewer can use for it’s map window, speed window, etc? the latest dash cam viewer for Mac does not display this information for me.
CRS

@CRS 123

I just pre-tested a spare SGGPSWM around the block. (with my DC)

Cold lock in 2 minutes, & speed is accurate. (Always 1-2 second delay to get to zero once you stop)
I'm sending you this pre-tested GPS antenna so you can troubleshoot faster. Tracking number sent via private message
Your amazing. Thank you so much. I will keep you apprised:)
CRS

Does it embed data that dashcam viewer can use for it’s map window, speed window, etc? the latest dash cam viewer for Mac does not display this information for me.
CRS
The data is there, we'll check with John that writes the dashcam viewer software and see if something needs updating

Well we only have 1 Mac user and 1 Windows user say it's not working. Maybe something else is in play here.

Correction, mac user here.. it's kind of working. It shows the speed, but it's off from what's displayed on the video and takes a while to catch up and be equal.

Another I found is the PIP got real tiny.. I haven't figured out how to change it. It was larger before then got tiny...

Idb0egd.jpg

Correction, mac user here.. it's kind of working. It shows the speed, but it's off from what's displayed on the video and takes a while to catch up and be equal.

Another I found is the PIP got real tiny.. I haven't figured out how to change it. It was larger before then got tiny...

Idb0egd.jpg
PIP is real small with me also...and it will not scale size. I’ll try another GPS receiver tomorrow to see if I can get the dashcam viewer to display the info. Something changed from beta test to production release. Fingers crossed that it’s easy to fix.

Back