GPS Dropping and the DR650S

SteveFL

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH, DR650S-2CH, DR750LW-2CH
I haven't really noticed this issue until today when I pulled the SD card to review some footage from yesterday. It seems that the GPS enables, (Blue light on) when I boot the camera up, but it shortly goes off and I lose GPS connection, (Blue light goes off.) I may have to travel about a mile for the GPS to reconnect, (Blue light comes back on.)

I also noticed that during my trip I would occasionally lose the GPS connection only to have it reconnect a minute later.

Mind you, my Garmin GPS doesn't seem to lose it's GPS connection, so I am wondering if this is a quirk with this camera.

Any input or ideas?

What about Cloud? Having same problem? Thanks

No, not at all.
Nice. Thanks. Mine is totally out. The map show me in the middle of South China Sea. Do you think there are something to do with the sattelite triangulation?

Nice. Thanks. Mine is totally out. The map show me in the middle of South China Sea. Do you think there are something to do with the sattelite triangulation?
I guess you should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque! (Quote from Bugs Bunny.)

Seriously though. Have you contacted your vendor or BlackVue about this?

I guess you should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque! (Quote from Bugs Bunny.)

Seriously though. Have you contacted your vendor or BlackVue about this?

Yes . We have contacted our local retailer . Basically my unit warranty is long gone but they doing their best to accommodate us.
According to our local dealer they will be conducting a survey to check where is the blind spot in Manila. Seems outside Manila is working pretty well.

Back