GPS duo dashcam: Viofo A129 Pro / Viofo A129

netowy

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,

I need help with deciding which camera I should buy.

Once I decided to buy Viofo A129 G Duo, but I found that there is the Pro version and I don't know which one is better. I saw a comparison of recordings on YT of these two cameras and in 4K (Pro) there are more details, but the night mode seems to be worse.
Now I am confused...

What are the differences between these two cameras? Which has a better lens and night mode? In fact, which version is the best choice?
These are my questions that I am looking for answers and I can't find a definite one. The price difference is small and I would like to choose the best version.

I have two sets to choose from:
- Viofo A129 G Duo + SD 128GB + power adapter + BT remote control + 2x CPL filter (290 EUR)
- Viofo A129 Pro G Duo + SD 128GB + power adapter + BT remote control + 2x CPL filter (325 EUR)

The Pro model is best.

Currently it seems a bit fussy on memory cards, especially if you use parking mode, but that will hopefully be fixed with a firmware update soon.

At night, the Pro has a bit more image noise, but the detail is almost the same and there is very little difference in motion blur, in sunshine the pro is much better, 4x more detail.

The only other significant difference is that the Pro gets hotter, so on a hot summer day it may shut down near midday, especially if you use parking mode. It will restart when it cools down.

If your rear window is near vertical then don't bother with the 2nd CPL filter, it is only useful for rear windows at a similar angle to windscreens.

If you have expectations of an issue being fixed and it doesn't happen you're not going to be happy. The "Pro" does better vids but the "Duo" is more completel;y developed. And I detest cams shutting down unexpectedly for ostensibly 'overheating' or for any other issue not caused by card or powering problems. Just my thoughts- YMMV ;)

Phil

If you will not keep the A129 Duo Pro under direct sun all day in parking mode, day by day, I expect it to not go overheat and shut down because of this. So if you care you will have a good dashcam, if you don't care you will not have it, no matter the brand name. I still see people with power cable hanging in the middle of the windshield and somewhere the cable is packed in a ball which is stressing with its weight the camera power connector. And that user is complaining them for camera not recording always.

enjoy,
Mtz

Now I have a cheap camera and it is mounted correctly. The cables are hidden, camera is stick to windshield near the rear mirror, and it has been working for 2 years. But now I want to invest in something good with dual camera.

During the day the car will stand for 8 hours in the parking lot under my work, and in the summer it is known car will be stand in the sun. I wanted to connect the fuses with this adapter for parking mode to work. So it'll be working all the time.

Is A129 overheating less than A129 pro?

A129 Pro will produce more heat compared to A129, but the Pro have a temperature sensor which will turn off the camera to avoid heat problems.
From my experience, if you will mount the camera under the black dots area and not using it under direct sun all day in parking mode you will not have problems. Consider to buy a good card like SanDisk High Endurance and use original Viofo power chargers.
In this way you will have a great camera working OK.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back