GPS info not showing on Blackvue PC viewer

Discussion in 'Viewer and Apps' started by zlandar, Sep 17, 2017.

1. zlandar

zlandar New Member

United States
    I have a 750 and the GPS info in the Blackvue viewer is not working properly. Speed and coordinates are all zero.

When I transfer and view the video on my iPhone with the Blackvue app the GPS info works just fine.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

2. George Argus

George Argus New Member

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    Blackvue - DR650S-2CH (x4)
    are you viewing the vid straight from the SD card? if not, are you copying over the additional gps files?

3. zlandar

zlandar New Member

United States
    Yes I'm viewing the vid straight from the micro SD card. Micro SD plugged into provided Blackvue USB adapter. I run the Blackvue Viewer and it automatically detects all the vids on the micro SD card.

4. Ralph2

Ralph2 Active Member

Canada
    Dash Cam:
    BlackVue 650GW in 2011 Highlander
    zlandar likes this.
  5. zlandar

zlandar New Member

United States
    Thanks that was helpful. I installed the other dashcam viewer and the GPS information displays properly on the other viewer.

So the good news is the GPS info is being properly recorded with my recorded video. The bad news is that Blackvue viewer (ver 1.11 which is the newest) is bugged and displaying the GPS info properly.

6. Ralph2

Ralph2 Active Member

Canada
    Dash Cam:
    BlackVue 650GW in 2011 Highlander
    That... will not surprise anyone that has had a Blackvue camera for more than a week. Their viewer is.. well, not the best.

7. drdel

drdel New Member

United Kingdom
    If you're running a computer with Windows 10 that has recently auto-installed the latest update - it seems the way Win 10 and Google maps now link has changed so the Viewer software can't make the connection.

We run 2 MiWitness cameras which have the same issue. TTW who make these devices have said they are not upgrading their software so we're stuffed and not happy. We are complaining about the loss of functionality and the unreasonable shortening of the camera's useful life.

Unless Blackvue/Pittasoft release a software update/patch you might also be stuffed.