GPS info not showing on Blackvue PC viewer

zlandar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 750 and the GPS info in the Blackvue viewer is not working properly. Speed and coordinates are all zero.

When I transfer and view the video on my iPhone with the Blackvue app the GPS info works just fine.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

are you viewing the vid straight from the SD card? if not, are you copying over the additional gps files?

are you viewing the vid straight from the SD card? if not, are you copying over the additional gps files?

Yes I'm viewing the vid straight from the micro SD card. Micro SD plugged into provided Blackvue USB adapter. I run the Blackvue Viewer and it automatically detects all the vids on the micro SD card.

Does it show the GPS data when viewed in one the other viewers available? Registrator Viewer worked well for the previous versions of Blackvue dash cams. This one is still available but no longer upgraded. There are others, one that is frequently updated http://dashcamviewer.com/ (thread at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-for-mac-and-windows.4357/ ) that has a free and limited version.

Thanks that was helpful. I installed the other dashcam viewer and the GPS information displays properly on the other viewer.

So the good news is the GPS info is being properly recorded with my recorded video. The bad news is that Blackvue viewer (ver 1.11 which is the newest) is bugged and displaying the GPS info properly.

The bad news is that Blackvue viewer (ver 1.11 which is the newest) is bugged and displaying the GPS info properly.
That... will not surprise anyone that has had a Blackvue camera for more than a week. Their viewer is.. well, not the best.

If you're running a computer with Windows 10 that has recently auto-installed the latest update - it seems the way Win 10 and Google maps now link has changed so the Viewer software can't make the connection.

We run 2 MiWitness cameras which have the same issue. TTW who make these devices have said they are not upgrading their software so we're stuffed and not happy. We are complaining about the loss of functionality and the unreasonable shortening of the camera's useful life.

Unless Blackvue/Pittasoft release a software update/patch you might also be stuffed.

So apparently this issue still hasn't been resolved yet.

dashcamgps.jpg"yes" or "No" Script error immediately pops back up. As long as the script errors displayed I can't do anything else.

Back