GPS Interference with multiple devices

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can there be GPS interference between multiple GPS devices? The reason I am asking, yesterday I hd the following GPS devices running in my car all at the same time:
A129 Duo with GPS on
Radar Detector with GPS on
GoPro Hero 5 with GPS on
Two iPhone with GPS on and one of them Running Apple Car Play Bluetooth connected and the WAZE App
also,... the Car has a GPS for the Navigation as well,,,

The only problem I am having is with the GoPro...

My Go Pro Hero 5 had GPS feature on, it is always on.. However, when I was checking Footage and comparing my A129 Video Quality against the GoPro video quality I noticed that the GoPro footage did not include GPS data (time date stamp and GPS coordinates) and they were switched on definitely...

Is it possible that being the other GPS stuff running in my car at the same time caused the GoPro GPS feature not to work because of 'Interference' or any another reasons?... or is my Go Pro possibly broken?

Just wanted to see if anyone had this issue or similar, or if this is a 'known' issue (similar to DAB issues with some others)..... I didn't have time yet to test turning the other devices off and run GoPro alone to see if there is a change in results..
Thanks for your comments and remarks in advance..

Last edited:
As far as I know, the GPS modules on any device are only receiving signal, and they should not cause any interference. If there's something that comes out of the A129, is the WiFi and Bluetooth signal. Were they turned off in your A129? Another thing to take into consideration is that any GPS device need clearance to pick up signal. Anything that sits between the device and the satellites can prevent it to lock the current position.

All electronic circuits will emit some RFI, even receivers, but at the distance stated it shouldn't be a problem unless you've got cabling running parallel near each other.

Phil

Back