GPS lock issues?

87Camry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there. Recently I noticed my gps signal is not locking in (turning green) for a while after booting up. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, sometimes it locks but the cuts in and out and other times it doesn't seem to catch until 10-15 mins into my drive. I'll notice it is good when I park but then when I start up the car a little later from the same spot, it doesn't connect. I've tried unplugging and replugging the plug into the camera and moving wires around the gps unit.

That sound pretty flaky.
I have never really noticed GPS come and go in any SG camera, but they probably do just have to look at the LCD the moment it is gone.
My K2S system that speak about suck things, will some times say GPS disconnected, and then some seconds later GPS connected.

The guys probably need to replace that antenna for you.

O i forgot completely, the original GPS for the GCX2 i was given to test, it had a bad battery, so i put the GPS antenna from a old GC model, and boom the flaky GPS was all fixed.
That camera also like yours had a very flaky GPS behavior.
So i am willing to bet a cold one at the bar that you problem are indeed the antenna.

Hello there. Recently I noticed my gps signal is not locking in (turning green) for a while after booting up. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, sometimes it locks but the cuts in and out and other times it doesn't seem to catch until 10-15 mins into my drive. I'll notice it is good when I park but then when I start up the car a little later from the same spot, it doesn't connect. I've tried unplugging and replugging the plug into the camera and moving wires around the gps unit.
where is the GPS mounted?

where is the GPS mounted?
Upper right corner of the windshild. I tried moving the power cable to the rear cam away from it but it doesn't always help

Attachments

• 20210205_175902.jpg
    20210205_175902.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 4
Upper right corner of the windshild. I tried moving the power cable to the rear cam away from it but it doesn't always help
send a private message to @Street Guardian USA with your order details and delivery address and we'll send you out a replacement GPS

I've been away for a while, just wondering if there have been any firmware updates in the past few months?

Not for these models, they are fairly matured and as far as i know dont have any grave outstanding issues.

Not for these models, they are fairly matured and as far as i know dont have any grave outstanding issues.
For the Pro+? I remember seeing @Street Guardian USA mention that "Night Performance will be improved further with our next firmware release. Check out the before and after WDR on/off examples in the following threads. (changes will come to all Street Guardian IMX291 products)"

Yes there is the product wide IQ update, but that seem to have been put on hold.
But yeah it look good and i cant wait to see it, jokiin also offered to send me the camera they have done the development on ( GCX2PRO as i recall ), but i passes on that one as he and the brand have done so much for me, and it is damn near i have had all of their models.
So i just chillax as good i can, and then play the waiting game.
And now with jokiin out on medical leave, no telling when it will happen

The IQ firmware update for the whole range of IMX291 based products will include the new WDR update in a future update, but yes but things were delayed a few months. (so no exact ETA as of today)

I will take it when i get it. :)

Back