GPS Mapping, and Rendering for YouTube

MortallyWounded

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got an Aukey DR02 and just received the GM-32 for it. I'm wondering now if there is a quick and easy way to generate a map with the GPS data which I can add to my dashcam videos. I'd like to put the front camera in the top of the screen, the rear at the bottom, and the map to the right of both when creating a video for YouTube. I'm also having trouble getting any good quality videos after I've uploaded them, and I suspect this is just my ignorance of YouTube and video editing. For now the only editing software I have is OpenShot. Any suggestions?

The primary purpose of having GPS is actually just to record my own speed, but I'm also interested in using it to make my videos a bit more interesting.

Thanks!

YouTube butchers videos :( When you first UL they are all very low resolution; after some hours they will improve. If you get more views they improve quicker, but after a day or two they should be shown at the resolution you recorded them at :) They will still suffer from YT's compression, but they won't be as horrid as before.

Not sure if they will do what you want, but there are now several dashcam-specific vid player platforms which have GPS mapping and a whole lot more. "Dashcamviewer", "Dash", and "DVPlayer" are the latest offerings and have many other features as well, along with ongoing development :cool:

Phil

Thank you both, I will try them and see what happens. However, I also noticed that old videos I've done have never gotten any better over the years. Some of my old time lapse videos from over five years ago look exactly the same as when I uploaded them. But I do see some settings in OpenShot that look like they're meant to gear videos for YouTube. Hopefully the compression will not be as pronounced.

Here's a link to one I recorded last week and pieces together without knowing anything I'd like to come up with a better way to show both cameras but this probably works just fine.

Back