GPS Module Calibration

mos

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi, got my cam yesterday with the GPS module. Had have some trouble calibrating it. So I hope you can answer my questions. As I read in the manual it takes 5-8 minutes with a speed of ca. 20km/h. So that is impossible here in the city, I had to slow down for traffic and stop lights. After a while I had a little red symbol next to the ADAS symbol in my display.
This morning, when I started my car I had suddenly a little green sympol next to the ADAS Symbol. So I am not sure, if this means it is calibrated. While driving through the city I got no info if I am to close to a car etc. My son drove on the highway and suddenly he had the warnings. So I guess the system calibrated new.

So, if the system always has to calibrate itself new, when I start my car. Than actually the GPS module would be useless here in the city. I will never get it to calibrate correctly, since it takes way to long. Does anybody have the same issue?

thx

Still waiting for mine and I do most of my driving in town so will post some feedback as soon as I'll get it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Same problem with this calibration. Maybe I have to reposition the lens of the camera more exact in the middle of the window. During calibration I got a positioning message with an vertical indication zone of the exact detection zone. (?)
I also hope that in a future soft upgrade the gps coordinates are placed in the pic file of a taken photo.

ADAS calibrates GPS fix once on first run (with parking mode enabled so dont powers itself off) (I guess) as was working this morning right away.
there might be an issue with heated windscreens as its a known issue with stand alone GPS receivers such TomTom

As I understand.
No power off exits.
In parking mode camera battery activates.
There will be a complete shutdown after low camera battery.

As I understand.
No power off exits.
In parking mode camera battery activates.
There will be a complete shutdown after low camera battery.

Rudy, once charged, battery should last through the night in sleep mode easily (mine was on for 13.5 hours in sleep mode and worked right away)

Rudy, once charged, battery should last through the night in sleep mode easily (mine was on for 13.5 hours in sleep mode and worked right away)
Yes you are right. But I installed the 70mai in my camper and after a few days maybe a week (without driving) the battery is low and parking mode will stop. Putting the 70mai continuously on the household battery of the camper the 70mai will not come in parking mode. Solution ??

Solution:
Turn off camera over large buttons by hand. (Press long)
70mai.jpgIMG_20190109_230952.jpg

I'd use some cheap power bank mate, plenty of these on GearBest

I'd use some cheap power bank mate, plenty of these on GearBest

I did test but hooked to a power bank after a few seconds 70mai restarts recording as driving and green light is on. So recordings on sd card will be overwritten and power bank is always in use. Not in your case?

I did test but hooked to a power bank after a few seconds 70mai restarts recording as driving and green light is on. So recordings on sd card will be overwritten and power bank is always in use. Not in your case?
meant plug it into power bank and then activate parking mode, with decent capacity of the bank it should last a week or so :)

Hi, is anyone actually getting any GPS data from this dashcam, I have one and I dont get any data either on the dashcam or in recorder videos.

Hi, is anyone actually getting any GPS data from this dashcam, I have one and I dont get any data either on the dashcam or in recorder videos.
hi
i think its available at 1.0.5 new firmware update, only for review videos in dashcam

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptCheesyCrust Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 6
F Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 23
Back