GPS module connection

fmendessilva

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi. I cannot connect the GPS module. I followed all the steps in manual but I am always getting message "GPS module not connected". Any suggestion? Regards

It should fit without any issues

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

So maybe the GPS module has a problem because it fits smoothly but is not recognized by the dash cam. If anyone has any suggestions, I will be grateful for the help.

Is there any difference between english/russian gps module?

Hi. I cannot connect the GPS module. I followed all the steps in manual but I am always getting message "GPS module not connected". Any suggestion? Regards

You have to enable the GPS module in settings in the app. Until you do that, it's disabled.

You have to enable the GPS module in settings in the app. Until you do that, it's disabled.
But how do I do this? I went to the app and entered int "advanced settings" > ADAS to enable this option but I get the message "GPS module not connected". I am sure the GPS mount holder is fitting good.
How do I disable the parking monitoring mode? (because I read that in this mode the GPS mount holder is off)
Thanks for your help in advance.

Try to push the camera fimrly toward the holder. Than calibrating, incl. some scanning line should start. However, the process wont't be finished as connection to the module will be likely lost after you release the camera. That said, mulfunction contact as the camera is scrap!

Hi
Calibration failed every time in my 70mai cam. Any solutions?

Ensure that GPS mod can 'see' the sky as it won't calibrate. Also, there might be some issues with heated windscreen as it causes obstruction for satellite reception

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have a similar problem, but I figured out that when slight pressure is applied to the screen it works. I guess something is wrong with the connectors. Hope this info will help you.

I have a similar problem, but I figured out that when slight pressure is applied to the screen it works. I guess something is wrong with the connectors. Hope this info will help you.
Thanks for your help. I will try again. I hope it works. Regards from Portugal!

And have you opened the case of GPS unit or the camera to look at connectors/contacts? My requires pretty firm pressure to be connected

Last edited:
Same here. I need to press the dashcam for the GPS unit to be connected, but any slight movement will disconnect the GPS unit again. Piece of junk.

I treated its connectors with spray which preserves connectors and now it's working correctly. But be aware- GPS module doesn't work without external power, maybe the external power is to weak?

Hi. My one also got the same problem.
I bought it yesterday and everything fine till just now when I afterwork go home only notice this problem. I need to press and hold it only can detect.... 1 day only and got problem....

So you open the shell and it work? Then how u stick back the your windscreen?

Our weather is too hot bro.
It's design flaw and you have to make sure the PCB stick firmly on the back cover. Apply new double sided tape on your windscreen and voila!
Do take note this will void the warranty if you plan to claim for a new replacement.

Hi. My one also got the same problem.
I bought it yesterday and everything fine till just now when I afterwork go home only notice this problem. I need to press and hold it only can detect.... 1 day only and got problem....

So you open the shell and it work? Then how u stick back the your windscreen?

Our weather is too hot bro.
It's design flaw and you have to make sure the PCB stick firmly on the back cover. Apply new double sided tape on your windscreen and voila!
Do take note this will void the warranty if you plan to claim for a new replacement.
Currently i try to talk with the Shopee seller 1st, c what they say, if they dun want replace or anything.
Then i only try to like what u did.

But is very sad, just 1 day, now stop workin T_T

Even if you did get a replacement, it will fail again when you park under the sun.
Good luck mate.

Currently i try to talk with the Shopee seller 1st, c what they say, if they dun want replace or anything.
Then i only try to like what u did.

But is very sad, just 1 day, now stop workin T_T

Back