GPS no longer working...

GIComputerNerd

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using my mini0906 alittle less than a month. Within the last week i noticed there was no more GPS signal, nor is the green GPS light is blinking. I also noticed that the Mount (where I believe the GPS module is located) is very very hot to the touch. Does this indicated that something is malfunctioning?

Not sure if the following log is any help...

D:\Novatek\LOG

Start GPS receive task
UART3: Open success
UART3: uart3_checkIntStatus:96
Start REMOTE receive task
[31m Failed to get attrib of FW!
[0m[35mMode {MOVIE} Open begin
[0m[34mDrvLCDState():begin {UIFrameworkTsk/0x80028e68}
[0mDrvLCDState(): get 00000003
[37mCHK: 2414, GPSRec_LogGPSData[0m
NMEASentence.GPSDataBuf.GPSBufUsedPos == 0 GPSConnectedStatus():0

*********************************************************************************************************************
--FIXED--

Mine happened to be a defective mount which the GPS unit is located in....
Contacted the the company and they sent me out a new mount/GPS within a week.

Tried new mount/GPS and the green light now blinks and GPS is now working.

Took apart the old mount ( 6 tiny screws) and it smells like burnt electronics.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
I've had my mini0906 for one week. Hasn't gotten over 50 F outside temp and the mini temp is over 160.
GPS quit working yesterday, reset, format, and reset to default...nothing, and after reading these post,
I think I'm going to be returning mine and looking for a different new one.

Same for me : bought one a week ago, had 3 gps logs, and then nothing more. GPS seems unoperative with no information either on documentation or community sites.

Another one with same problem. 4 days with cam installed, and first time I switched on, gps light in green. Now, always blink. Temperature in cam is good, between 35 and 50° celsius. Last november firmware installed

After restore default and install the new firmware, gps don't work. I restore default again and don't work. I will wait a few days more if someone have same problems, if not, i will talk with @estore009 in ebay

@eR_TRoMPe Can you check its connector from GPS base also?

After restore default and install the new firmware, gps don't work. I restore default again and don't work.

I think it can be a cold solder joint

I bought two mini0906 last month. One is installed my car and after a week GPS-logging was stopped. Green LED not brink, always off. And GPS-logo had disappeared. I trade GPS-mount to other one, it working fine. So, I think GPS-mout is physical broken. While not connected mini0906, but always warm. By the way, outside temp is -2°C to 5°C for a while. And displayed temp is often about 60°C (Of course, car heater is ON). Preinstalled firmware is 20171121.

I hope that these information will be hints of solution.
Thank you.

Green LED not brink, always off. And GPS-logo had disappeared. I trade GPS-mount to other one, it working fine. So, I think GPS-mout is physical broken.

That should be a cold solder joint in GPS mount.
Please send me your address to rayman@megcn.com
we will ship you a new mount

@eR_TRoMPe Can you check its connector from GPS base also?
The connector of the GPS base is correct, no pin damaged. I believe cone rayman that there is some bad welding of some cable that has been released with the vibration. it's a shame to have this problem so quickly. Problem is I can't verify with another base to be sure where is the problem

the connector solder status can only be checked by open the GPS moutn first. That is not because of vibration but worker's mistake operation.

Then i will wait @estore009 answer me on ebay. I will not open it if they don't tell me, i don't want to loose warranty

Then i will wait @estore009 answer me on ebay. I will not open it if they don't tell me, i don't want to loose warranty
Confirmed here your camera still in warranty even if you open its unit to check,and also,we will forward this message to my eBay CS!

I have finally located the problem, it is not a solder, it is the rear camera. all the tests I have done with them connected and after circulating with it disconnected, in 6 minutes the green light of gps has stopped blinking. the excess cable of the rear camera is far from the antenna, but with it connected there is no GPS. I think I remember reading something about it in the forum but I can not find where

I have been doing tests during these days and I have drawn conclusions, unless they occur in my camera. The problem is not the cable of the rear camera, or at least, I deduce. I expose my results:
Parking in an underground garage (my usual day to day at home and at work): with the two cameras connected, I start the car, I leave the garage, and in 35 minutes of travel do not take gps coverage and the light flashes continuously. If I just leave the front camera, I leave the garage and in 15 or 20 minutes take GPS coverage but only sometimes, not always.
If I park on the street: I start the car and both with 1 and with both cameras in operation, the coverage of GPS is OK.
Seeing that it is likely that the failure is that the camera is not able to catch coverage gps in motion, I leave the garage with 2 the two cameras connected and I wait standing on the street: sometimes take coverage and sometimes not, but when take GPS, IT does it after 6 or 8 minutes of waiting.
The last test I have done has been to turn off the power of the camera and park on the street. I waited half an hour and I returned to the car, I connected the power of the camera, I started the car and in 2 minutes the GPS coverage was ok. When i park in street with camera connected to the power, when i back and start the car, GPS is green.

I do not know very well what conclusions to draw:
One is that with the car moving, the camera is not able to take GPS coverage.
Another is that if the vehicle is in an underground garage, still going out on the street and standing still, the camera takes a long time to get GPS coverage.
Third is that if the car is on the street, there are two options for gps coverage: when the camera has power, the gps coverage is instantaneous, as soon as the car is started, the light is fixed green, and when it has no power, connect it and stand still, in 2 minutes the light is fixed green

Sorry for the extension of the text but it seems important, to know if it is only in my case or someone else happens or has noticed something similar in his camera.
@Rayman.Chan

I have been using my mini0906 alittle less than a month. Within the last week i noticed there was no more GPS signal, nor is the green GPS light is blinking. I also noticed that the Mount (where I believe the GPS module is located) is very very hot to the touch. Does this indicated that something is malfunctioning?

Start GPS receive task

--FIXED--

Contacted the the company and they sent me out a new mount/GPS within a week and tried new mount/GPS and the green light now blinks and GPS is now working.

Start GPS receive task

--FIXED--

--FIXED--

Back