GPS problem - bad signal at max resolution

mauros

Reaction score
Country
Italy
My A119v2 camera loses GPS signal at maximum resolution (1440p). If I set any other resolution the GPS works great. Seems a interference problem when camera recording at 1440p. I have upload a video on youtube:

From looking at your Youtube video It appears as if you have mounted the GPS over a darken area. This could be causing the problem as the GPS unit relies on get a satellite signal and the dark area may be blocking the signal. Try moving the GPS mount to a clearer part of the screen.

Same problem also on a cleaner part of the screen.
I've move it under a plastic cover near the mirror for a better camera view, but the problem was there even before.

I have 2 A119 v2 and have never seen the satellite icon and it is not in the manual. If the GPS works with lower resolutions it should work with 1440p as the GPS does not use a processing power other than to imprint the info. I still think it is a reception problem. The GPS unit needs a unobstructed view of the sky to function correctly.
If there are tall building etc. in line with GPS and satellite the signal can be lost. If you can not solve the missing signal problem Try Viofo support page (click here)

The test that you can see on Youtube video was done in a open area. As you can see, as soon as the 1440 resolution is set, the GPS loses signal after one minute. Setting other resolutions the signal remains stable.

I have found out the satellite is a reception display, I can not see the dash cam screen which is only shows for 30secs. when driving hence why have not spotted it before. Perhaps Viofo need to put this in the manual.

Back