GPS problem in athermic windscreen of C-MAX

insmuh

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello there i got my mini 0806 2 days ago from gearbest. i mounted it in the middle of the windscreen under rain sensors (position 1) but i couldnt get any GPS connection i removed it and try to turn on the cam outside the window so it got the signal and the led became continuous green. then i changed the place (position2) at first i got the signal but it doesnt connect now. i opened inside it and saw the gps module is not with the camera its with the mount. Did anyone has the same problem? Any solutions? thanks for the answers.

Edit: today i tried twice with the mount outside the car from the window it found the GPS approximately 30-40 seconds but inside the car, no way! :(

vRzo0z.jpg

Last edited:
Sure I seen an external GPS antenna somewhere for the mini 0806. Ask your supplier.

thanks for the answer.
an additional info. the dashcam may take the signals some time later if i don't stick it to the windscreen. i'll try to find another holder for the cam so maybe it will connect. :(

Sorry mate I wasn't very clear, I've just looked at the user manual i got with my 0806 and it mentions "external gps antenna that works with a non gps base" its a cable with a receiver that mounts on the outside of your vehicle, it could be a solution to your problem.

Sorry mate I wasn't very clear, I've just looked at the user manual i got with my 0806 and it mentions "external gps antenna that works with a non gps base" its a cable with a receiver that mounts on the outside of your vehicle, it could be a solution to your problem.

no no you were clear but the one that i have has gps in its mount but it cant take signals inside the car :)

I wonder if it is possible to connect the external antenna (if they are available) to the existing gps mount, I have problems with my 0806 taking a while to connect with gps, it could be a fairly cheap solution for a few people if it works.

You could try a GPS repeater. Relatively inexpensive, and rebroadcasts the GPS signal inside the vehicle. I bought one but have yet to install it. I bought this one. It has good reviews - albeit, only 12 of them.

You could try a GPS repeater. Relatively inexpensive, and rebroadcasts the GPS signal inside the vehicle. I bought one but have yet to install it. I bought this one. It has good reviews - albeit, only 12 of them.

thanks for the answer. i bought mini for the gps module inside for less cables in my car. before i used an A118 with extra gps module and it was working. but mini 806 doesnt :(

Back