GPS signal red 80% of time? (SGGCX2PRO+)

TeaLeaf007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it normal to have GPS signal red 80%+ of the time? I live near Southern Cali area (sub urban) so I expect maybe decent signal. The GPS is attached to the right top corner of the windshield. I did not open it as from my understanding, the board should come flipped.

What could be wrong with it?

No thats not right. if you had it unplugged and not plugged back in properly there can be issues, and this have happened quite a few times over the years.
But they can also fail or even be bad from the get go as i experienced with my GCX2 test sample.

Official respondents will be here "shortly" i assume.

What year make model vehicle do you have? some vehicles have special material in the class that blocks the signal. If that’s the case you need to put the GPS in a special spot meant to let the signal pass through. If we need to send you a replacement GPS it’s no problem as well.

I was assuming the camera / GPS had been operational, if it is new and the install new, the issue listed above are also very real.

What year make model vehicle do you have? some vehicles have special material in the class that blocks the signal. If that’s the case you need to put the GPS in a special spot meant to let the signal pass through. If we need to send you a replacement GPS it’s no problem as well.

I have a 2019 Mazda CX5 and had the issue since it was installed around August of last year. Is it still under warranty? Purchased it in July 2020 from you I believe.

Here's a pic of the placement. Wonder if I should lower it more.

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_152710.jpg
    IMG_20210209_152710.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 7
Wonder if I should lower it more

If there are no "stuff" in your windscreen that can block reception you should be fine with that location, its the same place i have antennas ( often 2-3 PCS )
If you registered your camera online there should be 2 years warranty, otherwise only 1 i think.

I think the cars that do have something in the windscreen, done they also have a marked designated area on the glass to put toll transponders ASO ?
Or at the very least a mention in the instruction book.

IMO i would put something on the glass ( maybe just a clear static sticker ) so the people that got the car i build would have less confusion.

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Owning a Street guardian product is a dream.

:LOL: No i am not looking for a job in the advertising industry.

Back