GPS Stopped recording!?

Mcleish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the Mini 0803 since July last year and I have thought it was a good wee camera until recently where it has knocked my confidence in it.
Back when I installed the camera I checked everything was working, viewing angles were correct, gps working, resolution, works I day and night.
Once it had been setup the only thing I done was check to make sure it turns on when I'm in the car, the noise (bing bong) usually notified you but I also have it slightly jutting below the mirror so I can see the light and bottom of the screen, I never took the camera out of the mount.

With this setup I was assuming everything was ok. (yeh I know never assume anything)

I recently wanted to check back on some footage due to hitting a pot hole on a road I haven't driven before which busted two wheels. I wanted the video and GPS coordinates to show exactly where it was to help make a claim.

Going on to the Mini 0803 the video is there but the GPS folder is empty.

first thoughts was the gps didn't get recorded.

A 3 minute test I put the camera back in the car and the satellite comes up but the satellite goes away and comes back again.
The car is stationary and the satellite goes away and comes back with little to no movement on the camera.

Well thats my issue.
I am now worried that any journey I make now will have the GPS being on and off the whole way or like I just found out it didn't record at all.

Is this a common thing with the 0803 or am I just lucky?

Mini 0803
GPS mount
32GB micro SD
Firmware: 20140812 v1.0

I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on, thank you.

Back