GPS time off?

mcmanus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2Ch, Aukey DR02D
If I set the time using the GPS auto detect + DST any reason why the time would be off by an hour?

Which way "off" is it? + 1 hour? Are you on DST at the moment? If not, why set it to on (+DST)?
I don't think DST detection addition is automatic.

Which way "off" is it? + 1 hour? Are you on DST at the moment? If not, why set it to on (+DST)?
I don't think DST detection addition is automatic.

We just switched to DST on the weekend. So with GPS auto detect time on and DST switched on it displays as + 1 hour from the time it actually is. Only way I seem to be able to get the time to work is just to set it manually.

Switch off the + DST options? As DST adds an hour, and your device is 1 hour fast, would not my suggestion work?

Had this issue also, set your GMT time, then daylight savings time to on (I'm assuming you're Eastern Canada) then apply and reformat SD Card.

Had this issue also, set your GMT time, then daylight savings time to on (I'm assuming you're Eastern Canada) then apply and reformat SD Card.

Going to give this a go tonight. Haven't had time to play with it really. I'm in Western Canada. Manual mode works fine and holds time perfectly just found it odd that GPS time is constantly off.

Back